Australian Booksellers Association
Visit Australian Booksellers Association online
Australia's booksellers are a commercially thriving industry, profiting from technological advances and participating as relevant community parties.
ABA is Australia's industry organisation for booksellers, providing advocacy, training, partnerships and commercial benefits to members. Objectives and Structure of the Association The Australian Booksellers Association (ABA) protects and promotes the interests of all booksellers in Australia. The Association has its origins in state associations formed early in the 20th century, which later amalgamated into a federal association.
In 1985 the Association was incorporated in Victoria and now acts as the national body representing Australian booksellers. Members range from small independent bookshops to large chains. The ABA is governed by a Statement of Purposes and Rules, which is available on request.
Under the constitution, the objectives of the Association are to:
- provide a range of training and educational programs for members;
- establish bonds between booksellers all over Australia;
- enhance the unique role of books in our society;
- foster and encourage the selling of books;
- provide a national forum for member booksellers;
- provide technical advice and information to booksellers;
The ABA is represented on most book trade councils and committees.
7 Member bookstores
We are an independent online bookstore and have been in business since 2012.�