New York: The Studio Publications, Inc., 1951. Green cloth, gilt lettering on brown background on spine. A tight clean near crisp copy. Compiled and edited by Alice Ford. Foreword by E. Thomas Gilliard of the American Museum of Natural History in New York. Seven chapters on Audubon's life and his animal paintings, then a section of selected paintings (150) from the Imperial Folio Edition of "Quadrupeds of North America", and six paintings from the Royal Octavo Edition. With a section on the location of the originals, and a bibliography. 222 pages.. First Thus. Hard Cover. Near Fine/No Jacket. Illus. by John James Audubon. Folio - over 12" - 15" tall.
Bookseller: Holly Knoll Books
- Bookseller Inventory #: 95268
- Title: AUDUBON'S ANIMALS, THE QUADRUPEDS OF NORTH AMERICA
- Author: Audubon, John James / Alice Ford, Edited By
- Illustrator:John James Audubon
- Book condition: Near Fine
- Jacket condition: No Jacket
- Edition: First Thus
- Binding: Hardcover
- Publisher: The Studio Publications, Inc.
- Place: New York
- Date published: 1951
- Bookseller catalogs:
ART / General;
- Size: Folio - over 12" - 15"
Terms of sale: Holly Knoll Books accepts cash, checks on United States banks, credit cards processed through Biblio, Paypal, money orders. Books may be returned upon notifying Holly Knoll Books within ten days of arrival.