E-mail a friend
GLOSSARYSome terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A decorative design or illustration placed at the beginning or end of a book. They can also be located at the beginning or end ...[more]
- Good describes the average used and worn book that has all pages or leaves present. Any defects must be noted. (as defined ...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- raised band(s)
- Raised bands refer to the ridges that protrude slightly from the spine on leather bound books. The bands are created ...[more]
- top edge gilt
- Top edge gilt refers to the practice of applying gold or a gold-like finish to the top of the text block (the edges the pag...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf. A...[more]
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye.(see also Goatsk...[more]
The Curiosities of Ale & Beer:
by [COOK, Charles Henry; as] BICKERDYKE, John (pseud.)
- The Curiosities of Ale & Beer: by [COOK, Charles Henry; as] BICKERDYKE, John (pseud.)
- Bookseller: Peter Harrington (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #: 38312
- Title: The Curiosities of Ale & Beer:
- Author: [COOK, Charles Henry; as] BICKERDYKE, John (pseud.)
- Binding: Hardcover
- Publisher: London, Field & Tuer, The Leadenhall Press, &c., n.d.
- Date published: 
All major credit cards are accepted. Both UK pounds and US dollars(exchange rate to be agreed) accepted. Books may be returned within 14 days of receipt for any reason, please notify first of returned goods.
£ 1,650.00 ($2868.03)£12.00 shipping to USA
30 Day Return Guarantee
- Calculate shipping
- Ask the bookseller a question
Biblio.com member since: 2006
Make an offer on select books
Our booksellers are willing to listen to offers on thousands of uncommonly good books. Browse the selection here and name your price!
Gifts for book lovers
Surely you know someone who needs an Oscar Wilde action figure. No? How about a Jane Austen tattoo set? Still looking? Check out our Bibliophile's Shop for great gifts for book lovers.