E-mail a friend
GLOSSARYSome terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Good describes the average used and worn book that has all pages or leaves present. Any defects must be noted. (as defined ...[more]
- top edge gilt
- Top edge gilt refers to the practice of applying gold or a gold-like finish to the top of the text block (the edges the pag...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf. A...[more]
- A decorative design or illustration placed at the beginning or end of a book. They can also be located at the beginning or end ...[more]
- raised band(s)
- Raised bands refer to the ridges that protrude slightly from the spine on leather bound books. The bands are created ...[more]
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye.(see also Goatsk...[more]
The Curiosities of Ale & Beer:
by [COOK, Charles Henry; as] BICKERDYKE, John (pseud.)
- The Curiosities of Ale & Beer: by [COOK, Charles Henry; as] BICKERDYKE, John (pseud.)
- Bookseller: Peter Harrington (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #: 38312
- Title: The Curiosities of Ale & Beer:
- Author: [COOK, Charles Henry; as] BICKERDYKE, John (pseud.)
- Binding: Hardcover
- Publisher: London, Field & Tuer, The Leadenhall Press, &c., n.d.
- Date published: 
All major credit cards are accepted. Both UK pounds and US dollars(exchange rate to be agreed) accepted. Books may be returned within 14 days of receipt for any reason, please notify first of returned goods.
£ 1,650.00 ($2571.36)£12.00 shipping to USA
30 Day Return Guarantee
- Calculate shipping
- Ask the bookseller a question
Biblio.com member since: 2006
Books into film
Books that were subsequently made into films are among the most highly sought after titles for many collectors. View some of the high points in our books into film rare book room.
What is a first edition?
The concept of a first edition is central to most book collecting endeavors. Find out what makes a first edition important and how to identify one.