E-mail a friend
GLOSSARYSome terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Calf or calf hide is a common form of leather binding. Calf binding is naturally a light brown but there are ways to treat...[more]
- Good describes the average used and worn book that has all pages or leaves present. Any defects must be noted. (as defined ...[more]
- shelf wear
- Shelf wear (shelfwear) describes damage caused over time to a book by placing and removing a book from a shelf. This damage is c...[more]
- Marbled boards
- A hardcover book with a decorative colored paper that imitates marble using a mottled, veined, or swirling pattern....[more]
Furniture History, the Journal of the Furniture History Society
by Journal of the Furniture History Society
- Furniture History, the Journal of the Furniture History Society by Journal of the Furniture History Society
- Bookseller: Stephen Foster Books (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #: 35293
- Title: Furniture History, the Journal of the Furniture History Society
- Author: Journal of the Furniture History Society
- Format/binding: Half Calf
- Book condition: Very Good
- Quantity available: 1
- Publisher: The Furniture History Society 1965
- Date published: 1965
- Keywords: Furniture,,History,,Furniture,History,Society,,History,of,, Furniture,
- Bookseller catalogs: Furniture; Leather Bound Sets;
Confirm order by e-mail preferred. VISA/MASTERCARD/AMEX/DELTA/JCB,Sterling Cheques ; EURO Bank Transfers. Postage is extra. Prices are in sterling, and are subject to availability. Non Sterling cheques accepted by negotiation. We ship priority. Courier services available. We are also able to offer same day delivery within London postcodes for some orders - ask for a quote. Valuable items will be sent via registered airmail or one of the courier services. Large orders can be sent via consolidation, which reduces the cost per book. In the unlikely event of an incorrect description, a full refund will be provided, but please e-mail/telephone first, and within seven days of receipt of the book. We are happy to comply to the EU's rules on distance selling. All books are published in London and 8vo unless stated, and remain my property until paid for in full. The shop is open Tuesday to Saturday 10.30am to 5.30pm. If you find yourself in West London, do come along and browse.
£ 1,250.00 ($2130.63)£5.95 shipping to USA
30 Day Return Guarantee
- Calculate shipping
- Ask the bookseller a question
Biblio.com member since: 2005
Rural Residences consisting of a Series of Designs for Cottages,...
London: R. Ackermann 1818. 27 hand-coloured aquatints, Large octavo. Bookplate of 'Sir Montague Cholmondley, Bart' on f...£1,250.00
The Principles of Practical Perspective, or Scenographic Project...
London: Printed for Samuel Leigh, R. Ackermann, J. Harding, J. Taylor 1815. Colour aquatint frontis, title, xviii, 96 pp + 50 pl...£500.00
Life and Works of Charlotte Bronte and Her Sister. An Illustrate...
BRONTE SISTERS, Mrs Gaskell
London: Smith, Elder & Co. 1887. Very good complete set of seven in a contemporary half-morocco dark brown binding with mar...£1,150.00
The Novels of Jane Austen, 6 Volumes: Sense and Sensibility + P...
London: Allan Wingate 1948. pp. 326; ix, 337; 419; 426; 260; 255. Bound in a recent full tan calf, with red and green lables, ...£1,000.00
Collecting proofs, galleys, and advance reviews
Devoted collectors of rare books will love finding proofs, galleys, and advance review copies of their favorite pieces of literature. Find rare proofs and advance reading copies in the Rare Book Room.
Books on sale
Did you know many booksellers offer exclusive sales and discounts on their books on Biblio? Check out our books on sale for a great deal on an uncommonly good book!