E-mail a friend
GLOSSARYSome terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Good describes the average used and worn book that has all pages or leaves present. Any defects must be noted. (as defined ...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps aro...[more]
- Generally refers to a hardcover with cloth covering the outside of the book covers....[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf. A...[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket....[more]
The Grapes of Wrath
by Steinbeck, John
- The Grapes of Wrath by Steinbeck, John
- Bookseller: Idler Fine Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #: 001344
- Title: The Grapes of Wrath
- Author: Steinbeck, John
- Format/binding: Hardcover
- Book condition: Near Fine
- Quantity available: 1
- Binding: Hardcover
- Date published: 1939
Items may be returned within 14 days of receipt. All our items are guaranteed authentic and in the condition described. If we made an error in our listing, we will pay the return shipping expense. All major credit cards are accepted via biblio.com; we also accept personal checks and money orders.
The Grapes of Wrath was published in 1939 and written by John Steinbeck, who was awarded the Pulitzer Prize in 1940 and the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1962.
The tale is set during the Great Depression and follows the Joad family (and thousands of others) as they are driven from the Oklahoma farm where they are sharecroppers. The drought, economic hardship, and changes in financial and agricultural industries send them searching for dignity and honest work in the bountiful state of California.
$ 3,850.00$5.50 shipping to USA
30 Day Return Guarantee
- Calculate shipping
- Ask the bookseller a question
Biblio.com member since: 2003
Winner Take Nothing
1933. Hardcover. Fine. First Printing/First Issue of the First Edition, with the Scribner's "A" and the Scribner...$2,950.00
Innocent Erendira & Other Stories
GARCIA MARQUEZ, Gabriel / Gabriel García Márquez
1979. Hardcover. Fine. First British edition. Signed and inscribed twice by Marquez, in 1992 and 1993. First inscription reads...$2,800.00
The Crying of Lot 49
1966. Hardcover. Fine. First Printing of First Edition, Review Copy with publisher's slip laid in; yellow cloth-backed gra...$2,500.00
OF DRAMATICK POESIE: An Essay, 1668 by John Dryden with a prefac...
Eliot, T. S.; Dryden, John; T.S. Eliot
London: Frederick Etchells & Hugh Macdonald, 1928. Limited Edition, 1 of 55 signed and numbered copies, this being number 11...$2,500.00
Collect modern first editions
Biblio is showcasing the top book published every year starting in 1919. See if your favorite modern first edition made the list! Check out our collecting first editions by the year.
Collecting and identifying signed letters and holographic documents
Many authors and other famous literary figures wrote and signed letters by hand, and you can find a great collection of them in the Biblio rare book room. See our great collection of handwritten letters and holographic documents