E-mail a friend
GLOSSARYSome terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Generally refers to a hardcover with cloth covering the outside of the book covers....[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket....[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf. A...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps aro...[more]
- Good describes the average used and worn book that has all pages or leaves present. Any defects must be noted. (as defined ...[more]
The Grapes of Wrath
by Steinbeck, John
- The Grapes of Wrath by Steinbeck, John
- Bookseller: Idler Fine Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #: 001344
- Title: The Grapes of Wrath
- Author: Steinbeck, John
- Format/binding: Hardcover
- Book condition: Near Fine
- Quantity available: 1
- Binding: Hardcover
- Date published: 1939
Items may be returned within 14 days of receipt. All our items are guaranteed authentic and in the condition described. If we made an error in our listing, we will pay the return shipping expense. All major credit cards are accepted via biblio.com; we also accept personal checks and money orders.
The Grapes of Wrath was published in 1939 and written by John Steinbeck, who was awarded the Pulitzer Prize in 1940 and the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1962.
The tale is set during the Great Depression and follows the Joad family (and thousands of others) as they are driven from the Oklahoma farm where they are sharecroppers. The drought, economic hardship, and changes in financial and agricultural industries send them searching for dignity and honest work in the bountiful state of California.
$ 3,850.00$5.50 shipping to USA
30 Day Return Guarantee
- Calculate shipping
- Ask the bookseller a question
Biblio.com member since: 2003
To Jerusalem and Back: A Personal Account
Bellow, Saul; and Terry Eagleton
1976. Hardcover. Fine. First Printing of the First British Edition. Signed and inscribed by Saul Bellow to Terry Eagleton, the...$3,500.00
Winner Take Nothing
1933. Hardcover. Fine. First Printing/First Issue of the First Edition, with the Scribner's "A" and the Scribner...$2,950.00
Innocent Erendira & Other Stories
GARCIA MARQUEZ, Gabriel / Gabriel García Márquez
1979. Hardcover. Fine. First British edition. Signed and inscribed twice by Marquez, in 1992 and 1993. First inscription reads...$2,800.00
OF DRAMATICK POESIE: An Essay, 1668 by John Dryden with a prefac...
Eliot, T. S.; Dryden, John; T.S. Eliot
London: Frederick Etchells & Hugh Macdonald, 1928. Limited Edition, 1 of 55 signed and numbered copies, this being number 11...$2,500.00
Cleaning and repairing leather books
Wondering how to take care of the leather books in your collection? Reknowned book care expert Bern Marcowitz explains how and when to clean and repair leather books.
What is a first edition?
The concept of a first edition is central to most book collecting endeavors. Find out what makes a first edition important and how to identify one.