E-mail a friend
GLOSSARYSome terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye.(see also Goatsk...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf. A...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- raised band(s)
- Raised bands refer to the ridges that protrude slightly from the spine on leather bound books. The bands are created ...[more]
- Generally refers to a hardcover with cloth covering the outside of the book covers....[more]
- Very generally, "leaves" refers to the pages of a book, as in the common phrase, "loose-leaf pages."A leaf is a single sheet bou...[more]
- slip case
- A protective sleeve, often made of decorative cardboard or leather which houses a book. It is open on one end, so as to allow th...[more]
AN ILLUSTRATED GUIDE TO WINE
by RAINBIRD. GEORGE.;
- AN ILLUSTRATED GUIDE TO WINE by RAINBIRD. GEORGE.;
- Bookseller: Paul Foster Books (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #: 7812
- Title: AN ILLUSTRATED GUIDE TO WINE
- Author: RAINBIRD. GEORGE.;
- Quantity available: 1
- Binding: Hardcover
- Publisher: Octopus Books Limited. London.,1983
All books fully guaranteed. Any book found not ot be as described may be returned for a full refund within seven days of receipt. Please notify before returning any books. All items remain the property of Paul Foster Books until paid for in full. Payment by instalment acceptable for high value items. Please ask.
£ 675.00 ($1069.20)FREE shipping to USA
30 Day Return Guarantee
- Calculate shipping
- Ask the bookseller a question
Biblio.com member since: -1
REPORTS RELATING TO THE ENTERTAINMENT OF HER MAJESTY THE QUEEN I...
London, printed by Arthur Taylor, 1838.. FIRST EDITION 1838. Tall 4to, approximately 395 x 255 mm, 15½ x 10 inches, titl...£750.00
Food And Nutrition (Eight -8- Volume Set)
Hayes, Dayle / Laudan, Rachel
Tarrytown, New York: Marshall Cavendish Reference. New with No Dust Jacket as issued. 2008. First Edition: First Printing. Hard ...$525.00
THE NEW DOMESTIC COOKERY, or the Housewife's Sure Guide; Con...
BY A LADY.:
Derby, Thomas Richardson; Simpkin, Marshall and Co., London, no date, circa 1838.. FIRST EDITION circa 1838, pamphlet, approxim...£850.00
RECIPES - for the Manufacture of Flavoring Extracts, Handkerchie...
Charles E. Hires
Philadelphia, PA: The Charles E. Hires Co., 1894 First Edition of an extremely rare very dark green hardcover book with the titl...$475.00
Collecting proofs, galleys, and advance reviews
Devoted collectors of rare books will love finding proofs, galleys, and advance review copies of their favorite pieces of literature. Find rare proofs and advance reading copies in the Rare Book Room.
What is a first edition?
The concept of a first edition is central to most book collecting endeavors. Find out what makes a first edition important and how to identify one.