E-mail a friend
GLOSSARYSome terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket....[more]
- Good describes the average used and worn book that has all pages or leaves present. Any defects must be noted. (as defined ...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use....[more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the pu...[more]
- Generally used to refer to a clear plastic cover that is sometimes added to the dustjacket or outside covering of a book. The na...[more]
Journey in the Dark
by Martin Flavin
New York: Harper Brothers, 1943. STATED FIRST EDITION, All first issue points first edition book,and all 1st issue points DJ....Book:1st leaf has been torn out and previous owners name and date on first title page in ink. Light edgewear and bumping egdes and corners.very very minor minor yellowing to page ends and inside covers (not bad because they used really cheap paper during wartime period).still very tight and square.This is not ex-library. DJ: has rubbing,minor chipping,minor tears,still about 98% complete,price intact and has all 1st issue points.This is the true 1st edition book and DJ.. Stated First Edition. Hard Cover. Very Good or better Laid in is a 3x5 stock paper with "Autographed for, "__________"(I can't make out the name), Martin Flavin in Authors handwriting, I slid it inbetween the Brodart and the back cover of the DJ to protect it not lose it...
- Journey in the Dark by Martin Flavin
- Seller: Just One More Book (US)
- Seller: Inventory #: p208
- Title: Journey in the Dark
- Author: Martin Flavin
- Format/binding: Hardcover
- Book condition: Very Good
- Jacket condition: Good-vg
- Quantity available: 1
- Edition: Stated First Edition
- Binding: Hardcover
- Publisher: Harper Brothers
- Place: New York
- Date published: 1943
- Keywords: Pulitzer Winner
Photos available on all books upon request. 7 day return on any book not as described. Books are shipped in boxes, so returns must be returned in same box and shipping materials. Not resposible for non-insured damage, insurance is available and claims are to be made to the USPS by the buyer. Shipping fees include Confirmation in the USA. Before you return a book,please contact me first. International sales, no returns- PERIOD.I only ship USPS, so expect high shipping fees to international buyers. Prices listed are for USA buyers, international sales will be higher.
Journey in the Dark is a 1943 novel by Martin Flavin. It won the Pulitzer Prize for the Novel in 1944.
Collecting food and drink books
Nothing quite whets the appetite for rare and collectible books like old and vintage cookbooks. Be sure to check out our cook books and food section of our rare book room.
Gifts for book lovers
Surely you know someone who needs an Oscar Wilde action figure. No? How about a Jane Austen tattoo set? Still looking? Check out our Bibliophile's Shop for great gifts for book lovers.