Philadelphia: Lea & Blanchard. 1848, 1848, 1849, 1848, 1849 (but maybe all 1848?). Early reprint of the first collected edition. Five volumes. Publisher's uniform brown cloth stamped in blind and titled in gilt. Each title is two volumes in one. Three volumes have the ownership signature of Thos. Sackett dated in 1848 (including one of the 1849 volumes), corners bumped and worn, some erosion to the cloth on the spine with minor loss at the spine ends, considerable foxing, but a handsome, about very good set, and very uncommon. OCLC locates three different printings of sets of The Leatherstocking Tales published before 1850, all by this publisher, and each set in five volumes: 1843, 1846, 1849. Each set is held in only one location (all three at the American Antiquarian Society). At any rate a scarce early collected set. .
- Leatherstocking Tales (Volume 1. The Deerslayer: or, The First War-Path; Volume 2. The Pathfinder: or, The Inland Sea; Volume 3. The Last of the Mohicans; Volume 4. The Pioneers, or The Sources of the Susquehanna; Volume 5. The Prairie)
by COOPER, James Fenimore
Bookseller: Between the Covers- Rare Books, Inc. ABAA
- Bookseller Inventory #: 340833
- Title: Leatherstocking Tales (Volume 1. The Deerslayer: or, The First War-Path; Volume 2. The Pathfinder: or, The Inland Sea; Volume 3. The Last of the Mohicans; Volume 4. The Pioneers, or The Sources of the Susquehanna; Volume 5. The Prairie)
- Author: COOPER, James Fenimore
- Binding: Hardcover
- Publisher: Lea & Blanchard
- Place: Philadelphia
- Date published: 1848, 1848, 1849, 1848, 1849 (bu
Terms of sale:
All books are first editions unless otherwise noted. All books are returnable within ten days if returned in the same condition as sent. We accept VISA, MASTERCARD, AMERICAN EXPRESS, DISCOVER, PAYPAL, checks and money orders. New Jersey residents please add 7% sales tax. All items guaranteed, all items subject to prior sale. Members ABAA, ILAB. Shipping is $4 for Media Mail, $5 for Priority Mail or UPS Ground. Orders sent UPS will have tracking emailed to you. Alternate shipping available by request. Shipping costs are based on books weighing 2.2 LB, or 1 KG. If your book order is heavy or oversized, we may contact you to let you know extra shipping is required. Any book over $200 must be sent UPS or Priority Mail.