E-mail a friend
GLOSSARYSome terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf. A...[more]
- The page bound on the left side of a book, opposite to the recto page....[more]
- Good describes the average used and worn book that has all pages or leaves present. Any defects must be noted. (as defined ...[more]
- A folio usually indicates a large book size of 15" in height or larger when used in the context of a book description....[more]
- The page on the right side of a book, with the term Verso used to describe the page on the left side....[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- Generally refers to a hardcover with cloth covering the outside of the book covers....[more]
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye.(see also Goatsk...[more]
[MANUSCRIPT LETTER, SIGNED BY JOHN PAUL JONES, ORDERING A MEMBER OF THE MARINES TO ATTEND A COURT-MARTIAL ON BOARD HIS SHIP, THE BONHOMME RICHARD]
by Jones, John Paul:
- [MANUSCRIPT LETTER, SIGNED BY JOHN PAUL JONES, ORDERING A MEMBER OF THE MARINES TO ATTEND A COURT-MARTIAL ON BOARD HIS SHIP, THE BONHOMME RICHARD] by Jones, John Paul:
- Bookseller: William Reese Company - Americana (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #: WRCAM 44597
- Title: [MANUSCRIPT LETTER, SIGNED BY JOHN PAUL JONES, ORDERING A MEMBER OF THE MARINES TO ATTEND A COURT-MARTIAL ON BOARD HIS SHIP, THE BONHOMME RICHARD]
- Author: Jones, John Paul:
- Book condition:
- Binding: Hardcover
- Publisher: On Board the Bonhomme Richard at L'Orient, France. June 14, 1779.
$ 75,000.00$8.00 shipping to USA
30 Day Return Guarantee
- Calculate shipping
- Ask the bookseller a question
Biblio.com member since: 2006
Location: New Haven,Connecticut
What is a first edition?
The concept of a first edition is central to most book collecting endeavors. Find out what makes a first edition important and how to identify one.
Browse rare books
Interested in rare and collectible books? Booksellers from around the world showcase some of their finest in Biblio's rare book room.