E-mail a friend
GLOSSARYSome terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps aro...[more]
- is a worn book that has complete text pages (including those with maps or plates) but may lack endpapers, half-title, etc. (whic...[more]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing ei...[more]
Sporting Pictures of England
by Guy Paget
London: Collins (Britain in Pictures series), 1946.. Paper-covered boards, 8vo, 48 pages, 12 color plates, 21 black-and-white illustrations. Morland, Towne, Chalon, Marshall, Reinagle, and Alken are among the artists whose dog and horse pictures are reproduced and discussed. Fair condition (some discoloration on endpapers), in fair dust jacket (small tears and chips) in Mylar.. Hardcover.
- Sporting Pictures of England by Guy Paget
- Bookseller: Dog Lovers Bookshop (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #: georap2897
- Title: Sporting Pictures of England
- Author: Guy Paget
- Illustrator: Morland, Towne, Chalon, Marshall, Reinagle, Aiken et al.
- Book condition: Fair
- Jacket condition: Fair
- Quantity available: 1
- Binding: Hardcover
- Publisher: Collins (Britain in Pictures series)
- Place: London
- Date published: 1946
- Keywords: dog dogs art foxhounds horses
- Bookseller catalogs: other animals and nature;
- Subjects: PETS / Dogs / General;
We ship most orders within 24 hours. And we confirm shipments by e-mail.
We pack your purchases with care: Books are gently cleaned and individually wrapped before packing. They are sent on their way in sturdy parcels, with plenty of support and protection. Our pet professional peeve is the poorly packed book. So when it comes to wrapping and packing books, we follow our own advice, as set forth in The Care and Feeding of Books Old and New: A Simple Repair Manual for Book Lovers (available in hardcover and paperback editions).
Ordering a gift? We offer complimentary gift wrapping and cards with the message of your choice, to which we devote our very best penmanship.
Returns accepted if the item is not as described.
$ 22.00$4.00 shipping to USA
30 Day Return Guarantee
- Calculate shipping
- Ask the bookseller a question
Biblio.com member since: 2006
Location: New York,New York
Spend a Year with Fine Books
Now you can save 28% off the cover price when you subscribe to a year of Fine Books & Collections magazine on Biblio.
Collecting and identifying signed letters and holographic documents
Many authors and other famous literary figures wrote and signed letters by hand, and you can find a great collection of them in the Biblio rare book room. See our great collection of handwritten letters and holographic documents