E-mail a friend
GLOSSARYSome terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Generally refers to a hardcover with cloth covering the outside of the book covers....[more]
- The lower most portion of the spine when the book is standing vertically....[more]
- Highly sought after by some collectors, a book plate is an inscribed or decorative device that identifies the owner, or former o...[more]
- Good describes the average used and worn book that has all pages or leaves present. Any defects must be noted. (as defined ...[more]
- The page bound on the left side of a book, opposite to the recto page....[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps aro...[more]
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (First Edition)
by Smith, Betty
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (First Edition) by Smith, Betty
- Bookseller: Royal Books, Inc. (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #: 119626
- Title: A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (First Edition)
- Author: Smith, Betty
- Quantity available: 1
- Edition: First Edition
- Binding: Hardcover
- Publisher: Harper and Brothers
- Place: New York
- Date published: 1943
- Keywords: Literature
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn is a classic coming of age story, first published in 1943. It follows young Francie Nolan, a girl who loves to read and observe the world around her.Like the tree breaking through the concrete to flourish in the scant sunlight, Francie grows and does better than just survive.
Francie stood on tiptoe and stretched her arms wide. "Oh, I want to hold it all!" she cried. "I want to hold the way the night is - cold without wind. And the way the stars are so near and shiny. I want to hold all of it tight until it hollers out, 'Let me go! Let me go!'"
$ 3,250.00$5.00 shipping to USA
30 Day Return Guarantee
- Calculate shipping
- Ask the bookseller a question
Biblio.com member since: 2007
The Washington Square Ensemble
BELL, Madison Smartt
New York: Viking Press. (1983). First. First edition. Fine in fine dustwrapper. Bell's first book, nicely Inscribed to autho...$275.00
(New York): Ecco, (2010). First Edition. Hardcover Hardcover. Fine/Fine. Patti Smith's affecting memoir of her friendship ...$180.00
New York: Limited Editions Club, 1971. Hardcover. Fine in lightly worn glassine and a Fine slipcase. Lawrence Beall Smith. Lar...$112.50
The Encyclopedia of New York City
Jackson, Kenneth T
YALE UNIV PR, 2010. 2nd . Hardcover. New. ffers a wealth of facts about New York City from prehistory to the present, containi...$74.90
What is a first edition?
The concept of a first edition is central to most book collecting endeavors. Find out what makes a first edition important and how to identify one.
Collect modern first editions
Biblio is showcasing the top book published every year starting in 1919. See if your favorite modern first edition made the list! Check out our collecting first editions by the year.