E-mail a friend
GLOSSARYSome terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Refers to a state where the spine of a book is lightly "twisted" in such a way that the front and rear boards of a book do not a...[more]
- Also known as book jacket, dust cover, or dust wrapper, a dust jacket is a protective and decorative cover for a book that is us...[more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the pu...[more]
- Good describes the average used and worn book that has all pages or leaves present. Any defects must be noted. (as defined ...[more]
by ADAMS, Richard
- WATERSHIP DOWN by ADAMS, Richard
- Bookseller: Charles Agvent (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #: 012324
- Title: WATERSHIP DOWN
- Author: ADAMS, Richard
- Format/binding: Hardcover
- Book condition: Binding slightly cocked, as often the case with this poorly made book. Minor soiling to rear board and some spotting to the bulk
- Quantity available: 1
- Edition: First American Edition
- Binding: Hardcover
- Publisher: MacMillan Publishing Co.
- Place: New York
- Date published: (1972) 
- Keywords: Signed; Movie Fiction; Richard Adams; Animal Rights; Fantasy; Literature: English
- Bookseller catalogs: First Book; Children's Literature; Environmental LIterature;
All books subject to prior sale. Payment with order; institutions may be billed. Postage additional: $10.00 for the first book, $5.00 each thereafter. Overseas postage billed at approximate cost. Pennsylvania residents must add 6% sales tax. Mastercard, Visa, and American Express accepted. We are also open to reasonable payment terms. A book may be returned within 7 days of receipt for any reason provided it is in the same condition as sent and prior notice is given. Please insure returns for their full value.
Watership Down is a heroic fantasy novel about a small group of rabbits, written by British author Richard Adams. Although the animals in the story live in their natural environment, they are anthropomorphised, possessing their own culture, language, proverbs, poetry, and mythology. Evoking epic themes, the novel recounts the rabbits' odyssey as they escape the destruction of their warren to seek a place in which to establish a new home, encountering perils and temptations along the way. The novel takes its name from the rabbits' destination, Watership Down, a hill in the north of Hampshire, England, near the area where Adams grew up. The story is based on a collection of tales that Adams told to his young children to pass the time on trips to the countryside. Published in 1972, Watership Down was Richard Adams' first novel, and is by far his most successful to date. Though it was initially rejected by thirteen publishers before eventually being accepted by Rex Collings Ltd, Watership Down has never been out of print, and was the recipient of several prestigious awards. Adapted into an acclaimed classic film and a television series, it is Penguin Books' best-selling novel of all time. In 1996, Adams published Tales from Watership Down, a follow-up collection of 19 short stories about El-ahrairah and the rabbits of the Watership Down warren.
$ 750.00$9.00 shipping to USA
30 Day Return Guarantee
- Calculate shipping
- Ask the bookseller a question
Biblio.com member since: 2003
WHEN I WAS VERY YOUNG
MILNE, A. A
New York: The Fountain Press, 1930. First Edition. Hardcover. Fine in what would be a Fine slipcase but for the missing piece. ...$750.00
ALICE'S ADVENTURES IN WONDERLAND bound with THROUGH THE LOOK...
[DODGSON, C. L.] CARROLL, Lewis
London: MacMillan and Co., Ltd., 1952. Reprint. Hardcover. Very mild wear to the spine tip at the top with light rubbing to the...$750.00
SPIELMANN, M. H. & LAYARD, G. S [GREENAWAY, Kate]
New York: Putnam's, 1905. First Edition. Hardcover. Very Good with some nice additions. Original decorated green cloth; il...$750.00
New York: The Dial Press, 1967. First Edition. Hardcover. Slight sunning at the spine tips. Near Fine in a Very Good dustwrappe...$750.00
What is a first edition?
The concept of a first edition is central to most book collecting endeavors. Find out what makes a first edition important and how to identify one.
Collecting food and drink books
Nothing quite whets the appetite for rare and collectible books like old and vintage cookbooks. Be sure to check out our cook books and food section of our rare book room.