Michael Chabon (born 1963) is an American author who grew up in Columbia, Maryland.
His first novel, The Mysteries Of Pittsburgh appeared in 1988 and became a best seller. His subsequent works include Wonder Boys (1995), a novel about a frustrated novelist (based on Chabon's unsuccessful attempt at writing a much larger novel, Fountain City, about the construction of a perfect baseball park in Las Vegas) which was made into a motion picture; The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay, about an illustrator and a writer in the early comic book industry, which won the 2001 Pulitzer Prize for fiction; and Summerland (2002), a fantasy novel written for younger readers, which won the 2003 Mythopoeic Fantasy Award. His works have been praised for their characterizations and use of language. He is also sometimes described as a gay writer due to the presence of gay major characters in his first three novels, though Chabon has said this aspect is not based on his own life.
Chabon also has two collections of short stories, both of which came out after his debut novel, entitled Werewolves In Their Youth and A Model World. He lives in Berkeley, California, with his wife Ayelet Waldman, who is also an author, and their four children.
He has written a number of small comics projects, primarily for DC Comics, and co-wrote the story for Spider-Man 2. He has also been co-writing a film adaptation of The Amazing Adventures Of Kavalier and Clay.
He calls himself a geek and is proud of it.
Michael Chabon books
- A Model World
- A Model World and Other Stories
- Die Geheimnisse Von Pittsburgh
- Gentlemen Of the Road
- Manhood For Amateurs
- Manhood For Amateurs Lp
- Maps and Legends
- McSweeney's Enchanted Chamber Of Astonishing Stories
- McSweeney's Mammoth Treasury Of Thrilling Tales
- My California
- Telegraph Avenue
- Telegraph Avenue Cd
- Telegraph Avenue Lp
- The Amazing Adventures Of Kavalier and Clay
- The Amazing Adventures Of the Escapist
- The Astonishing Secret Of Awesome Man
- The Final Solution
- The Final Solution a Story Of Detection
- The Mysteries Of Pittsburgh
- The Yiddish Policeman's Union
- The Yiddish Policemen's Union
- Werewolves In Their Youth
- Wonder Boys