GLOSSARYSome terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing ei...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf. A...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book. The edges of the text block, or an inlay in the fro...[more]
- In reference to a hinge or a book's binding, means that the glue which holds the opposing leaves has allowed them to separate, r...[more]
- Leather binding made from calfskin. Most common form of leather binding....[more]
- half title
- The leaf which appears just prior to the title page, and typically contains only the title of the book, although, at times, the ...[more]
Memoirs of the Duke of Ripperda: First Ambassador from the States General to his Most Catholick Majesty, then Duke and Grandee of Spain
by (CAMPBELL, John)?
London: John Stagg, 1740. First. hardcover. very good(-). xvi, 344, pp. 8vo, contemporary full calf (well-rubbed; rear joint cracked but sound; front board detached; gilt spine is also rubbed and lacking the original label; discoloration at edges of endpapers and half title, otherwise very clean). London: John Stagg & Daniel Browne, 1740. First edition. A very good(-) copy. Ripperda was the chief negotiator of Vienna, for which service he was elevated to Duke.
- Memoirs of the Duke of Ripperda: First Ambassador from the States General to his Most Catholick Majesty, then Duke and Grandee of Spain by (CAMPBELL, John)?
- Bookseller: Argosy Book Store (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #: 75894
- Title: Memoirs of the Duke of Ripperda: First Ambassador from the States General to his Most Catholick Majesty, then Duke and Grandee of Spain
- Author: (CAMPBELL, John)?
- Format/binding: Hardcover
- Book condition: very good(-)
- Quantity available: 1
- Edition: First
- Binding: Hardcover
- Publisher: John Stagg
- Place: London
- Date published: 1740
- Keywords: Ripperda,Duke of
Terms of sale: All items are offered net, subject to prior sale. Returns accepted within 7 days of receipt--please contact us first. Payment by Visa , Mastercard & American Express. Appropriate sales tax will be added for all N.Y. State residents