GLOSSARYSome terminology that may be used in this description includes:
A botanical dictionary: or, elements of systematic and philosophical botany
by MILNE, Colin
With 3 folding charts and 25 hand-coloured plates. Contemporary calf, joints weak, otherwise an excellent copy with bright colouring to plates. Third edition, revised, corrected and considerably enlarged with 25 hand-coloured plates, and 3 folding charts outlining the methods of Ray and Tournefort, as well as an analysis of Linnaeus' systems. The splendid plates, new to this edition, depict various leaves, flowers and vegetables and are accompanied by explanations. All are signed by F. Sanson after drawings by Sydenham Teast Edwards (1768-1819), the well-known botanical artist. Milne (1743-1815), a Scottish-born botanist, moved to England to become a lecturer and preacher to the City of London Lying-in Hospital and the churches at Deptford. He founded the Miller Hospital, Greenwich, and was a prominent promoter of the Royal Humane Society. Milne was a prolific writer of botanical and gardening literature; the present work was his most famous.
- A botanical dictionary: or, elements of systematic and philosophical botany by MILNE, Colin
- Bookseller: B & L Rootenberg Rare Books & Manuscripts (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #: 10847
- Title: A botanical dictionary: or, elements of systematic and philosophical botany
- Author: MILNE, Colin
- Publisher: Symonds,
- Place: London:
- Date published: 1805.
- Pages:  leaves. Illustrated Books::
- Keywords: 19TH CENTURY, AGRICULTURE, BOTANY, DICTIONARY, ENGLISH IMPRINTS, PHILOSOPHY, boston2011 Natural History::Botany
Terms of sale:
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.