Faltenwurf Tzk. [Fold Throw Tzk.] [Color digital inkjet print of a photograph in a signed presentation box]
by Tillmans, Wolfgang
Book Description[Germany]: [Texte Zur Kunst], . 12" x 16.5" print. Housed in a clamshell box. Reportedly issued as a Christmas keepsake. (The image in red, the box in green, reflecting the seasonal colors.) Issued in a limited edition of only 100 copies, plus 20 proofs. This example a proof copy, unnumbered. Signed and inscribed by Tillmans in pencil on the box. The print is attached to the inside of the box by tape at the back edges of the photo; as issued. Fine condition. The box has one very small scrape. Tillmans' first exhibition in 1988 was comprised exclusively of images that were created with the latest kind of monochrome laser copier. Over the years, the artist has often returned to this medium, which has remained a fixed component in his work. In 2000, Tillmans was the first photographer and also the first non-English artist to be awarded the Turner Prize. Tate Britains extensive mid-career retrospective of Tillmans work, shown in 2003, was the first time the museum had devoted an exhibition to the work of a single photographer.
- Faltenwurf Tzk. [Fold Throw Tzk.] [Color digital inkjet print of a photograph in a signed presentation box] by Tillmans, Wolfgang
- Bookseller: John Michael Lang Fine Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #: 21269
- Title: Faltenwurf Tzk. [Fold Throw Tzk.] [Color digital inkjet print of a photograph in a signed presentation box]
- Author: Tillmans, Wolfgang
- Quantity available: 1
- Publisher: [Texte Zur Kunst],
- Place: [Germany]:
- Date published: .