Financial Management of Health Care Organizations: An Introduction to Fundamental Tools, Concepts, and Applications Hardcover - 2003 - 2nd Edition
by William N. Zelman; Michael J. McCue; Alan R. Millikan
From the publisher
This new edition of Financial Management of Health Care Organizations offers an introduction to the most-used tools and techniques of health care financial management, including health care accounting and financial statements; managing cash, billings and collections; making major capital investments; determining cost and using cost information in decision-making; budgeting and performance measurement; and pricing. Now completely updated, this book provides students with the practical, up-to-date tools they need to succeed in this dynamic field.
- Provides an introduction to the most-used tools and techniques of health care management.
- Additional questions and problems for the chapters.
- Updated perspectives throughout the text.
- Instructor's Manual available on CD-ROM including all exhibits in PowerPoint and Excel, answers to all problems in PowerPoint and Excel, and working spreadsheet models of exhibits and selected problems for classroom use.
- Accompanying website features links to related websites, glossary, and downloadable Instructor's Manual and sample chapters.
Never before have health care professionals faced such complex issues and practical difficulties trying to keep their organizations financially viable (see Perspective 1-1).
- Title Financial Management of Health Care Organizations: An Introduction to Fundamental Tools, Concepts, and Applications
- Author William N. Zelman; Michael J. McCue; Alan R. Millikan
- Binding Hardcover
- Edition number 2nd
- Edition 2
- Pages 509
- Volumes 1
- Language ENG
- Publisher Blackwell Publishers, Etobicoke, ON, Canada
- Date January 1, 2003
- Illustrated Yes
- ISBN 9780631230984 / 063123098X
- Weight 2.59 lbs (1.17 kg)
- Dimensions 10.08 x 7.58 x 1.33 in (25.60 x 19.25 x 3.38 cm)
- Dewey Decimal Code 658.15
About the author
William N. Zelman is Professor in the Department of Health Policy and Administration in the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. His research interests are Healthcare Financial Management, Cost Management, Institutional Performance Measures, Instructional Design, and Distance Learning. He is former Chair of the Association of University Programs in Health Administration's task force on Healthcare Financial Management.
Michael J. McCue is Professor in the Department of Health Administration at Virginia Commonwealth University. His research interests include the financial analysis of multihospital systems, the cost/benefit analysis of telemedicine and the evaluation of hospital bond ratings and capital structure. He serves as Associate Editor of Health Services Management Research. He is a reviewer for Inquiry and Medical Care Review and Research as well as other health care journals.
Alan R. Millikan is Associate Director for Network Development of the Duke University Health System developing hospital and physician networks. Prior to coming to Duke, he was an administrator at the University of North Carolina Hospitals in Transplantation and Dialysis Programs.
Noah D. Glick is Senior Healthcare Information Analyst at Integrated Healthcare Information Services, Inc. in Waltham, Massachusetts. He was formerly at the University of North Carolina Hospitals in the Department of Decision Support.