by BURNS, Charles
- as new
Standard Delivery: 7 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: Pantheon, 2012. Signed on the title page by Charles Burns. First edition / First printing. Purple cloth spine, pictorial laminated boards. Very fine. Issued without dust jacket, Mylar jacket supplied.
CHARLES BURNS grew up in Seattle in the 1970s. His work rose to prominence in Art Spiegelman's Raw magazine in the mid-1980s and took off from there, in an extraordinary range of comics and projects, from Iggy Pop album covers to the latest ad campaign for Altoids. In 1992 he designed the sets for Mark Morris's restaging of The Nutcracker (renamed The Hard Nut ) at the Brooklyn Academy of Music. He illustrated covers for Time, The New Yorker, and The New York Times Magazine . He was also tapped as the official cover artist for The Believer magazine at its inception in 2003. Black Hole received Eisner, Harvey, and Ignatz awards in 2005. Burns lives in Philadelphia with his wife and two daughters.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Orpheus Books (US)
- Seller Inventory #
- The Hive.
- BURNS, Charles
- Charles Burns
- Purple cloth spine, pictorial laminated boards.
- Book condition
- New As New
- Quantity available
- First edition / First printing.
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Place of Publication
- New York:
- Date published
- Bookseller catalogs
- Graphic Novels and Comics;
Terms of Sale
Check, Money Order, or Cashiers Check with order unless credit has been established. Credit cards are accepted through PayPal and the Biblio site. Books may be reserved by telephone (425-351-6959) or Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and will be held for 1 week pending payment in full. Note: When we state First Edition we are speaking of a First Printing. We strongly recommend that you call or Email to reserve books prior to sending payment via mail. Please telephone between the hours of 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. Pacific Time. Make Checks Payable To: Orpheus Books. Washington state residents must include 9.5% sales tax. International orders must be paid in U.S. currency and will be shipped at different rates. We ship via the U.S. postal service, FedEx and UPS unless other arrangements are made. If you select surface mail, it will be shipped via media rate. Oversize and heavy shipments will accrue additional charges. Returns may be made within 7 days of receipt and must be insured at full value and received in the same condition as when sent. Prior notice of return is appreciated.
About the Seller
About Orpheus Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]