The Kitchen God's Wife
by Tan, Amy
- very good
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
"Riveting...the book rings with distinctive voices, and it's laden with those details that make readers feel that they've gained a toehold on another world." -USA TodayWinnie and Helen have kept each other's worst secrets for more than fifty years. Now, because she believes she is dying, Helen wants to expose everything. And Winnie angrily determines that she must be the one to tell her daughter, Pearl, about the past—including the terible truth even Helen does not know. And so begins Winnie's story of her life on a small island outside Shanghai in the 1920s, and other places in China during World War II, and traces the happy and desperate events tha led to Winnie's coming to America in 1949.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
it's beautiful, you won't regret spending your money in buying this book. you will learn many things about chinese culture.
- citynightsbooks (US)
- Seller’s Inventory #
- The Kitchen God's Wife
- Tan, Amy
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Dove Entertainment Inc
- Place of Publication
- Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.
- Date Published
- CALIFORNIA FICTION LARGE TYPE BOOKS
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
- Books may be returned within 15 days in the same condition in which they were purchased. Please contact us first via e-mail.
- We do not accept discretionary returns or third-party sales.
- We regard the US Postal Service scans as proof of delivery.
About the Seller
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Minor wear resulting from a book being place on, and taken from a bookshelf, especially along the bottom edge.