We are now just days away from the 2019 Firsts: London Rare Book Fair from the ABA and everyone at Biblio is excited to participate and visit with all the amazing booksellers who will be exhibiting and showcasing their collections.
For those participating in the fair, either as exhibitors or just as book lovers, there will be an extensive collection of tours, live exhibitions, and talks to attend. As the official partner of Firsts: London, Biblio will be hosting a round-table discussion on Sunday, June 9 at 11:30, called The Evolving State of Internet Bookselling. We are lucky enough to feature the following participants:
- Susan Benne: part of the rare book industry for 20 years as a bookseller, director of the New York Antiquarian Book Fair, and as Executive Director of the ABAA
- A.N. Devers: author, journalist, arts critic, and owner, The Second Shelf
- Jonathan Kearns: owner, Jonathan Kearns Rare Books
- Luke Lozier: Principal, Bibliopolis
- Brendan Sherar: Founder & CEO, Biblio
- Anthony Smithson: Manager/Director, Keel Row Bookshop
The talk will cover issues a variety of issues related to how the internet has shaped bookselling in the modern era and what the future of internet bookselling might hold for bibliophiles everywhere.
If you happen to be in the Battersea area on Sunday, please be sure to stop by for the talk. We are looking forward to seeing you!
Amber is the marketing coordinator at Biblio. A lifelong love of the written word brought her to Biblio and she happily spends her days talking about books and delving into the wide world of antiquarian books.