Biblio would like to welcome you safely back to in-person book fairs with the upcoming Rare Books LA in Santa Monica, California!
We are proud to be an official sponsor of this exciting event. Rare Books Santa Monica is being held in a beautiful retail storefront on the Third Street Promenade, just a few blocks from the beach and the world-famous Santa Monica Pier. Antiquarian booksellers from throughout the United States are anxious to safely reconnect with the rare book community and share their love for books, maps, ephemera, photography, original art, and more.
Rare Books LA: Santa Monica is a hybrid event, featuring both a virtual fair and a physical fair. The virtual fair opens on Thursday, September 30, and runs for the duration of the in-person fair. This online event will also feature exhibitors from the Miniature Book Society.
The physical fair kicks off with an opening night event on Friday, October 1 from 6 – 9 pm. It will benefit the LAist, a non-profit organization that relies on financial support from the community to power its journalism. The LAist newsroom is also home to L.A.’s most-listened-to NPR affiliate, 89.3 KPCC. The fair will continue on Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm and on Sunday from 11 am to 4 pm.
You can view the complete list of exhibitors for both the in-person and virtual book fair here on the Rare Books LA website.
Rare Books LA: Santa Monica
1219 3rd Street Promenade
Santa Monica, CA 90401
Opening Night – reserve your tickets
October 1: 6pm-9pm
General Admission – reserve your tickets
October 2: 10am-6pm
October 3: 11am-4pm
Rare Books LA Stay Safe Pledge:
- Our exhibitors and the entire Rare Books LA team, and all our subcontractors are vaccinated
- We are requiring all visitors to Rare Books LA to be vaccinated or show proof of a negative Covid test within the past 24 hours
- We have limited Rare Books LA – Santa Monica to 35 exhibitors to ensure adequate opportunity for social distancing
- We are issuing timed tickets to limit capacity, and we will control entry at the front door
- Los Angeles County has an indoor mask mandate, therefore our team, all exhibitors and guests will be required to wear a mask while inside at the book fair. We are supplying masks to exhibitors and customers who may need them
- We are implementing disinfecting protocols in all public areas and posting hand sanitation stations in each of the galleries
Amber is the marketing coordinator at Biblio. A lifelong love of the written word brought her to Biblio and she happily spends her days talking about books and delving into the wide world of antiquarian books.