by WHITNEY, Janet
- Very Good- in Poor dust jacket
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London: Geroge G. Harrap and Company Ltd.. Very Good- in Poor dust jacket. 1949. First Edition. Hard Cover. First edition. A biography of Abigail Adams, the wife of American founder and President John Adams and mother of later President John Quincy Adams. Mrs. Adams is described on the jacket as America's "first emancipated woman". Abigail Adams was a keen writer of letters, many of which were used by the author to craft this work. With black & white Benjamin Blythe drawn frontis portrait of Abigail Adams; as well as six additional black & white plates bearing images of scenes from her life. With maps of Boston and Massachusetts Bay colony in 1775 to front endpapers. --- In full orange buckram cloth-covered boards with titling and decorations gilt-stamped on spine. Dark red jacket with drawing of a colonial American scene. --- With sunning and whitish splotch to spine, else a clean, tightly-bound copy. Poor only jacket with very little remaining of the spine, a few additional chips and retailer's sticker; most of jacket is present and protected in clear removable mylar wrapper. ; Octavo (8 to 9 in. tall); 333 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Abigail Adams
- WHITNEY, Janet
- Hard Cover
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good- in Poor dust jacket
- First Edition
- Geroge G. Harrap and Company Ltd.
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- >>Biography, Autobiography, Memoir; >>American History & Politics; >>US Presidents;
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A plain weave fabric normally made from cotton or linen which is stiffened with starch or other chemicals to cover the book... [More]
- Good describes the average used and worn book that has all pages or leaves present. Any defects must be noted. (as defined... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing... [More]
- A book with significant wear and faults. A poor condition book is still a reading copy with the full text still readable. Any... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [More]