Across the Continent. A Summer's Journey to the Rocky Mountains, the Mormons, and the Pacific States...
by Bowles, Samuel, 1826-1878
- See description
Cranston, Rhode Island, United States
Standard delivery: 2 to 8 days
More Shipping Options
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Springfield, Mass., S. Bowles & Co.; NY, Hurd & Houghton, 1865. First Edition. Hard Cover. xx, 452 p., fold. map; 20 cm. Advts.  p. at front and 6 p. at end. The second issue with the added pages on California and the mines by William Ashburner. Published in 32 Letters. Bowles, publisher of the influential Springfield Weekly Republican, friend of the Dickinsons (thought to be Emily's secret love), claims to be the first to cross the country just to see it. Wagner-Camp 410: 2; Flake 767; Sabin 7077; Graff 370; Cowen p. 67. Good+, original brown publisher's cloth, spine faded; sound, tight copy, folding map repaired & vg; some foxing. Stock#OB956.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- The Owl at the Bridge (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Across the Continent. A Summer's Journey to the Rocky Mountains, the Mormons, and the Pacific States...
- Bowles, Samuel, 1826-1878
- Hard Cover
- Book Condition
- Quantity Available
- First Edition
- S. Bowles & Co. / Hurd & Houghton
- Place of Publication
- Springfield, MA / New York
- Date Published
- Western United States Travel Rocky Mountains Emily Dickinson
- Bookseller catalogs
- History: U.S;
Terms of Sale
The Owl at the Bridge
Full refund includes original shipping cost up to ten days after delivery if an item is misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
About The Owl at the Bridge
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- Publisher's cloth
- A hardcover book comprised of cloth over hard pasteboard boards. ...
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...