Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
LONDON: JOSEPH WENMAN, 1780. REPRINT . Full Calf. Good/No Jacket. The series title page reads: "THE ENTERTAINING MUSEUM OR COMPLETE CIRCULATING LIBRARY VOL XXIII, BEING THE EIGHTH VOLUME OF THE ADVENTURES OF GIL BLAS OF SANTILLANE". Small volume, measuring 12.5cm x 8cm. Calf rubbed, with wear to joints and edges. 13 leaves of adverts for "The Poetical Magazine" etc to rear. Engraved frontispiece. Clean and tidy throughout. A scarce volume.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Tobo Books (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- THE ADVENTURES OF GIL BLAS OF SANTILLANE, VOL VIII
- SMOLLET, T
- Full Calf
- Book condition
- Used - Good
- Jacket condition
- No Jacket
- Quantity available
- JOSEPH WENMAN
- Place of Publication
- Date published
Terms of Sale
14 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 14 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2017
Ask Seller a Question
About Tobo Books
Tobo Books is a small family owned dealership working out of Hampshire, UK. We are always looking for new, interesting and unusual items, so do come back from time to time and see what's new!
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Calf or calf hide is a common form of leather binding. Calf binding is naturally a light brown but there are ways to treat...[more]
- Very generally, "leaves" refers to the pages of a book, as in the common phrase, "loose-leaf pages." A leaf is a single sheet...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]
- Any printing of a book which follows the original edition. By definition, a reprint is not a first edition.
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]