Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
1793 Joel Barlow Privileged Orders French Revolution Thomas Paine + Beer Brewing
Joel Barlow was an important 18th-century American diplomat who wrote several controversial treatises and pamphlets in which he supported the French Revolution. One such work was 'Advice to the Privileged Orders'. First published in 1792, this work was Barlow working through his promotion of the Revolution, offering advice who were seeking to understand answers against the government. This work became closely associated with Thomas Paine's 'Rights of Man', and the two were often studied in conjunction with one another.
This volume includes Barlow's important treatise as well as other curious 18th-century pamphlets such as:
· Samuel Child, 'Every Man His Own Brewer'
o London: Drinc, 1792.
· Robert Peel, 'The National Debt Productive of National Prosperity
o Warrington: Eyers, 1787.
· Herbert Croft, 'The Abbey of Kilkhampton'
o London: G. Kearsley, 1788.
· Jean Maury, John Lake; "The Principles of Eloquence, adapted to the pulpit and the bar."
o London: Cadell, 1793.
Item number: #9002
Advice to the Privileged Orders in the Several States of Europe
London: Printed for J. Johnson, 1793.
· Collation: Complete with all pages; 5 works in 1
o 'Advice to the Privileged Orders…'
, 167, 
o 'Every Man His Own Brewer'
o 'The National Debt…'
o 'The Abbey of Kilkhampton'
o 'The Principles of Eloquence'
xvi, 242, 
· Language: English
· Binding: Leather; tight & secure
· Size: ~8in X 5in (20cm x 13cm)
· Very rare and desirable
Very Fast. Very Safe. Free Shipping Worldwide.
Customer satisfaction is our priority! Notify us with 7 days of receiving, and we will offer a full refund without reservation!
Photos available upon request.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Schilb Antiquarian Rare Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Advice to the Privileged Orders in the Several States of Europe
- BARLOW, Joel
- Leather; tight & secure
- Book condition
- Used - Near Fine
- Quantity available
- for J. Johnson
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- 1793 Joel Barlow Privileged Orders French Revolution Thomas Paine + Beer Brewingrare, antique, old, first edition, 1st state, provenance, signed, inscribed, dust jacket, vellum, manuscript, engravings, illustrations, leather, plates, maps, antiquarian
Terms of Sale
Schilb Antiquarian Rare Books
About the Seller
About Schilb Antiquarian Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Good describes the average used and worn book that has all pages or leaves present. Any defects must be noted. (as defined...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.