A.J. Casson, His Life & Works: A Tribute
by Paul DUVAL
- near fine
- Near Fine/Good
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Toronto: Cerebus / Prentice-Hall, 1980. 285 pp, 13 1/2" H x 19" D. First Edition. Maroon cloth with blind-stamped 'CASSON' on fore edge of front board and gilt lettering on spine. "A.J. Casson is one of the most beloved of all Canadian artists. His works are sought after probably more than those of any other living native painter. As a member of the Group of Seven and in the many years since its dissolution, he has created a brilliant series of canvases celebrating our landscape in all its many moods and seasons. His works are treasured in every national public gallery collection, and in hundred of private collections. It is to bring together a magnificent cross-section from these collections that this volume has been designed. It includes representative major canvases, oil sketches and watercolours. The artist himself, has overseen the quality of every plate in this publication. International orders will require additional postage costs.
On Oct 28 2011, Carolerudderham said:
I received the book and found it in great condition. I even found it signed by the author. Wonderful.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Henry Gunther (CA)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- A.J. Casson, His Life & Works: A Tribute
- Paul DUVAL
- Book Condition
- Used - Near Fine
- Jacket Condition
- Quantity Available
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio member since 2020
Vancouver, British Columbia
Ask Seller a Question
About Henry Gunther
Only on-line. Selling a privately owned collection specializing in Fine Art-Art Catalogues and Ornithology. If my for sale listings are leaving you with any questions or doubts, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me. I am very new to book selling, and it is still a learning process. Thanks. email@example.com
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- Full page illustration or photograph. Plates are printed separately from the text of the book, and bound in at production. I.e.,...
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...
- Fore Edge
- The portion of a book that is opposite the spine. That part of a book which faces the wall when shelved in a traditional...
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...
This Book’s Categories
Join the Bibliophiles’ Club and start saving 10% on every book.
$29.95 / Year