Alaska and the Klondike Gold Fields. Containing a Full Account of the Discovery of Gold; Enormous Deposits of the Precious Metal; Routes Traversed by Miners; How To Find Gold; Camp Life at Klondike; Practical Instructions for Fortune Seekers, Etc. Etc.
by Harris, A.C
- Good/None Issued
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Philadelphia: Premier Publishing Co., 1897. Book. Good. Hardcover. 1st Edition. First Edition, First Printing. 8vo; 21 cm. 8.25 inches tall. 556 pp. Illustrated with engravings & halftones from photographs; folding map.-------- The second color folding map is not present in this copy. ------- Original pictorial cloth lettered in gilt. Some wear and soiling to cloth with rubbing to extremities; early ownership inscription, hinges a bit tender. ------- A popular guide for gold hunters and fortune seekers. An account of the discovery of gold in the Klondike and Yukon, the deposits of this precious metal, routes to the Gold fields, camp life in the Yukon and Klondike, descriptions of the mountains, and rivers, etc. ------ Numerous firsthand accounts, interviews and general information on Alaska. --------- REF: Tourville, 1958; Wickersham, 3927..
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Blind Horse Books [ABAA - FABA] (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Alaska and the Klondike Gold Fields. Containing a Full Account of the Discovery of Gold; Enormous Deposits of the Precious Metal; Routes Traversed by Miners; How To Find Gold; Camp Life at Klondike; Practical Instructions for Fortune Seekers, Etc. Etc.
- Harris, A.C
- Book condition
- Used - Good
- Jacket condition
- None Issued
- 1st Edition
- Premier Publishing Co.
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
Blind Horse Books [ABAA - FABA]
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives mis-described or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2011
Ask Seller a Question
About Blind Horse Books [ABAA - FABA]
Building Your Great Collection; One Fine Book at a Time. ----- Blind-Horse-Books is committed to building your collection by finding the best copies of the Rare, the Unusual, and Collectible Modern Literature. Specializing in Travel. Exploration and Geography with an emphasis on mid-19th century Exploration of the Polar Regions and Africa. Additionally, we have a lovely selection of Florida and West Indies items along with a wide-variety of Ephemera items.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [More]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]