A Is For Alibi
by Sue Grafton
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Tight binding, sharp, clean pages. No markings. (Actual photo) A flawless copy. 208 pages.
"A" Is for Alibi is crime writer Sue Grafton's first mystery novel in the Kinsey Millhone
"Alphabet mystery" series, first published in 1982.
Extended Description and Notes
A" Is for Alibi is crime writer Sue Grafton's debut mystery novel in the Kinsey Millhone "Alphabet mystery" series, first published in 1982. The novel is set in the fictional southern California city of Santa Teresa, based on Santa Barbara. Grafton admits she conceived the story on her own "fantasies" of murdering her then husband while going through a divorce. The choice of murder by substituting the contents of an antihistamine tablet with crushed oleander meant that an alibi held no value because the contents of the tablet could have been switched a considerable time earlier than the victim actually swallowed the tablet.
"A" Is for Alibi is the first novel in the Kinsey Millhone series by crime writer Sue Grafton. It was published in 1982. The first printing of "A" Is for Alibi was 7,500 copies. Grafton based the story to some extent on her own 'fantasies' of murdering her then husband prior to divorce.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Adventures in Books (US)
- Seller's Inventory #
- A Is For Alibi
- Sue Grafton
- Book condition
- Used - Fine
- Jacket condition
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Henry Holt And Co
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- Sue Grafton, Alphabet series, mystery
- Bookseller catalogs
- 8.5 H X 5.5 W inches
Terms of Sale
Adventures in Books
30-day return guarantee, with full refund, not including original shipping costs, and up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
Ships USPS Media Mail within one business day, tracking included. PayPal, Mastercard, Amex, and Visa payments accepted.
About the Seller
About Adventures in Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- book club edition
- A generic term denoting a book which was produced or distributed by one of any number of book club organizations. Usually the... [More]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects, "new"... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]