ALICE`S ADVENTURES IN WONDERLAND. With the original illustrations by John Tenniel
by CARROLL. LEWIS. ; TENNIEL. JOHN. Illustrates
- See description
London, Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Philip Lee Warner, Publisher to the Medici Society, for the Riccardi Press, London. 1914. LIMITED EDITION. Large 8vo. (9.3 x 6.6 inches). One of 1000 hand-numbered copies printed in the Riccardi Fount on handmade Riccardi Paper. Fine leather binding of recent full deep red morocco. Spine with five raised bands, ruled in gilt. Compartments ruled, lettered and decorated with March Hare and Playing cards motifs in gilt, with floral gilt surrounds. Ruled gilt border on boards. Top edge gilt, others untrimmed. A bright and clean copy of this lovely edition, beautifully printed on fine quality hand made paper and in a decorative leather binding. ----- This edition was published by arrangement with Macmillan and Company using Carroll's revised text of 1896. The wonderful Tenniel illustrations are printed from fresh electros taken from the original wood-blocks, with four being slightly enlarged from the original block designs.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Paul Foster Books (GB)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- ALICE`S ADVENTURES IN WONDERLAND. With the original illustrations by John Tenniel
- CARROLL. LEWIS. ; TENNIEL. JOHN. Illustrates
- Book Condition
- Quantity Available
- Limited edition.
- Philip Lee Warner, Publisher to the Medici Society, for the Riccardi Press, London. 1914
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- Fine bindings; Lewis Carroll; Children's and Illustrated books;
Terms of Sale
Paul Foster Books
All books fully guaranteed. Any book found not ot be as described may be returned for a full refund within seven days of receipt. Please notify before returning any books. All items remain the property of Paul Foster Books until paid for in full. Payment by instalment acceptable for high value items. Please ask. ----- Full Member of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association, I.L.A.B, and PBFA
About the Seller
About Paul Foster Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...
- Raised Band(s)
- Raised bands refer to the ridges that protrude slightly from the spine on leather bound books. The bands are created in the...
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also...
- Top Edge Gilt
- Top edge gilt refers to the practice of applying gold or a gold-like finish to the top of the text block (the edges the pages...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...