Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Peterborough: Clock House, 1970- 75. First edition, in two volumes (352, index; 319, index). Illustrated and described in the Unitts clear, orderly fashion-- hundreds of large, useful photos, technical details, and references for the serious collector. Octavo in original dust wrappers (Brodart wraps, extremities lightly worn), red publishers cloth with gilt titles. The word definitive really does apply.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Trillium Antiquarian Books (CA)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- American and Canadian Goblets
- Unitt, Doris and Peter Unitt
- Book condition
- Quantity available
Terms of Sale
Trillium Antiquarian Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2011
Ask Seller a Question
About Trillium Antiquarian Books
Welcome toTrillium Antiquarian Bookswhere you can search or browse our collections of antiquarian books onCountry LifeandNatural History-- scarce books, from A to Z, on angling, animals, apiculture, bees, birds, botany, Darwin, farming, fish, flora, fruit growing, gardens, geography, grapes, herbals, horticulture, landscapes, mammals, orchards, ornithology, seeds, vegetables, wildflowers, zoology... and likely several other matters which do not come readily to mind.Search and browse, too, our antiquarianCanadianaandLiteraturecollections. In ourCanadianacollection you will find the early works of Moodie, Traill, Davies, Bouchette, and others from Upper and Lower Canada. Our antiquarianLiteraturecollection makes room among its novels, sermons, and poetry for some rare works by Mark Twain and Stephen Crane.Sometimes all that's left of an old book is the pictures. You will find antiquarian printsand maps togetherwith entireillustrated books, in Trillium's collection ofImagesfrom antiquarian sources.If you spend any time hunting up books, you are bound to come upon an occasional book so odd or idiosyncratic as to be irresistible. Proof of the proposition is to be found in theTrilliumcollection of intriguingCuriosities. Since their comings and goings are unpredictable, it's usually worth stopping in for a short browse.Trillium Antiquarian Bookshas been selling scarce, out-of-print books on the Internet since 1998 and, earlier, by traditional mail order. Look for us at book fairs in Ontario and the American northeast, where we have exhibited during the past ten years or so. We are always interested in buying antiquarian books in our areas of interest, whether single volumes or complete collections.Trillium Antiquarian Booksis owned by William Van Nest, Peterborough, Ontario, Canada.Trillium Grandiflorum, from which we take our name, is the provincial flower of Ontario and appears in snowy white drifts among the hardwoods each Spring. One of several trilliums resident in the back garden furnished the images on our web site (www.trilliumbooks.ca).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing...[more]
- The paper covering on the outside of a paperback. Also see the entry for pictorial wraps, color illustrated coverings for...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]