An American Dictionary of the English Language
by Webster, Noah
- very good
- Very Good
Portland, Oregon, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
I have an 1861 version, and I would not part with it for $1000 - the Orwellian changes to key definitions over almost 200 years are easily seen by even the brain dead... This is an essential tool for anyone who actually reads old books...
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Burnside Rare Books, ABAA (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- An American Dictionary of the English Language
- Webster, Noah
- Book Condition
- Used - Very Good
- Quantity Available
- First Edition
- S. Converse, Printed by Hezekiah Howe, New Haven
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- May be a multi-volume set and require additional postage.
Terms of Sale
Burnside Rare Books, ABAA
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
About Burnside Rare Books, ABAA
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- Marginalia, in brief, are notes written in the margins, or beside the text of a book by a previous owner. This is very...
- Calf or calf hide is a common form of leather binding. Calf binding is naturally a light brown but there are ways to treat the...
- An exact copy of an original work. In books, it refers to a copy or reproduction, as accurate as possible, of an original...
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...
- Title Page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...