The American West: The Pictorial Epic of a Continent
by BEEBE, Lucius; CLEGG, Charles
- Very Good in Very Good+ dust jacket
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: E. P. Dutton & Co., Inc.. Very Good in Very Good+ dust jacket. 1955. First Edition. Hardcover. Stated first edition of this pictorial guide to the history of the American West. Beginning with trappers and hunters, the growth of the area is documented in over 1000 illustrations in the form of drawings and photos. Also with information about gold and silver mines, manifest destiny, mountain crossings, crime, cowboys, gunfights, railroads, saloons and many other topics. The pictures are accompanied by the text of Mr. Beebe. Includes title page illustration by E. S. Hammack and wild mounted cowboy art to endpapers. --- In brown cloth-covered boards with titling in blind to cover; decorations and titling in black and gilt to spine. Dust jacket repeats the Hammack title page art. --- With minor dampstains at lower gutters near front and rear of volume and water spotting to textblock top edge, else a tightly-bound, unmarked copy. Unclipped jacket also in great shape, but with minor rippling due to exposure to dampness; wrapped in removable archival mylar protector.; Small Quarto - 9 to 11 in. tall; 511 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- The American West: The Pictorial Epic of a Continent
- BEEBE, Lucius; CLEGG, Charles
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good in Very Good+ dust jacket
- First Edition
- E. P. Dutton & Co., Inc.
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- >>American History & Politics;
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the... [More]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [More]
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- The term quarto is used to describe a page or book size. A printed sheet is made with four pages of text on each side, and the... [More]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]