Among Hostile Hordes. A story of the Tai-Ping Rebellion
by Marchant, Bessie
- See description
Hay on Wye, Herefordshire
Standard Delivery: 8 to 25 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Gall and Inglis. London and Edinburgh. nd. [c.1901]. Octavo. 332pp. Frontispiece, 10 further engraved plates. Original pictorial cloth, gilt and black lettering to spine and upper board. Motif to lower board in black. Ffep removed, light ghosting from inscription to verso of frontispiece. Edges spotted, lightly toned. Light rubbing to extremeties. Inscription "J. F. Bishop, Sizecroft Cottage, Kilpeck, Nr Hereford" to verso frontispiece.
Bessie Marchant (1862 - 1941) Prolific adventure novelist.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Paul Haynes Rare Books (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Among Hostile Hordes. A story of the Tai-Ping Rebellion
- Marchant, Bessie
- Menzies, John
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- Gall and Inglis
- Place of Publication
- London & Edinburgh
- Date published
- nd 
- China, fiction, Pictorial Binding
- Bookseller catalogs
- Travel and Exploration; Literature; The Middle East, India and Asia; Christmas gift ideas; Fine Bindings;
Terms of Sale
Paul Haynes Rare Books
We hope to describe items accurately, and any purchase may be returned if it does not correspond with the description, on condition that postal arrangements for return are confirmed as soon as possible with us in advance of return.
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged. All items are fully insured during transit, a signature will be required on delivery. Heavier items and multi volume sets may incur a commensurate increase in the postage cost. Post Brexit postage costs have suddenly increased, and may be subject to change. We will endeavour to find the most cost efficient means of postage for our customers. If we can find a lower price for postage we will adjust the charge accordingly. Regrettably, European customers may find that there are currently long delays in delivery due to the Brexit chaos.
About the Seller
About Paul Haynes Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing...[more]
- The page bound on the left side of a book, opposite to the recto page.
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- no publisher's date given
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- A common abbreviation for Front Free EndPaper. Generally, it is the first page of a book and is part of a single sheet that...[more]