by PORRAS, Manuel de
- near fine
- Near Fine
COLUMBIA, Missouri, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
1716 1ed Galen ANATOMY Spanish Porras Medicine Surgery Illustrated Madrid Spain
Manuel de Porras was an 18th-century Spanish surgeon known for being the personal physician to Philip V of Spain. His most important work was his "Modern Galenic Anatomy" – an enormous medical reference which was heavily criticized by other physicians of his time. This impressive 1716 edition contains 22 full-page engraved illustrations depicting human anatomy and organ systems.
Item number: #22819
PORRAS, Manuel de
Madrid: Peralta, Bernardo, 1716. First edition.
· Collation: Complete with all pages
o , 616
o 22 engraved plates (including portrait of Manuel de Porras)
· Language: Spanish
· Binding: Vellum; tight and secure
· Size: ~8in X 6.25in (20.5cm x 16cm)
· very rare and desirable with auction records and price comparisons at $2,500
Very Fast. Very Safe. Free Shipping Worldwide.
Customer satisfaction is our priority! Notify us with 7 days of receiving, and we will offer a full refund without reservation!
Photos available upon request.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Schilb Antiquarian Rare Books (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Anatomia galenico-moderna
- PORRAS, Manuel de
- Vellum; tight and secure
- Book Condition
- Used - Near Fine
- Quantity Available
- Peralta, Bernardo
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- 1716 1ed Galen ANATOMY Spanish Porras Medicine Surgery Illustrated Madrid Spain, rare, antique, old, first edition, 1st state, provenance, signed, inscribed, dust jacket, vellum, manuscript, engravings, illustrations, leather, plates, maps, antiquarian
Terms of Sale
Schilb Antiquarian Rare Books
About the Seller
About Schilb Antiquarian Rare Books
This Book’s Categories
Join the Bibliophiles’ Club and start saving 10% on every book.
$29.95 / Year