Anne of Green Gables
by L. M. Montgomery [Lucy Maud]. Illustrated by M. A. & W. A. J. Claus
- very good
- Very Good
London (Birr), Ontario
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Anne of Green Gables is the first novel by Canadian author Lucy Maud Montgomery. The story tells of the adventures of Anne Shirley, an 11-year-old orphan girl who is mistakenly sent to Matthew and Marilla Cuthbert, a middle-aged brother and sister who had intended to adopt a boy to help them on their farm in Prince Edward Island. Like many of her contemporaries, Montgomery did not consider submitting her first novel to a Canadian publisher, convinced that a more lucrative deal could be made with an American firm. The novel was completed in 1905, but was rejected by four major American publishing houses, and it was not until 1907 that Montgomery found a publisher. L.C. Page & Co. finally published Anne of Green Gables in 1908. Anne of Green Gables has sold more than 50 million copies and has been translated into more than 30 languages. Following the success of her first novel, Montgomery went on to write seven more books about Anne, following the beloved protagonist through adulthood and motherhood. Several novels in the series have been adapted and made into a successful television miniseries. Montgomery museums, plays, and houses on Prince Edward Island draw international visitors.
For juveniles? Realy? I am 58 and always liked it. And tears drop on my cheeks every time.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- CARDINAL BOOKS ~~ ABAC/ILAB (CA)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Anne of Green Gables
- L. M. Montgomery [Lucy Maud]. Illustrated by M. A. & W. A. J. Claus
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- L. C. Page & Company
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- literature Canada Canadian vintage collectible Anne of Green Gables Lucy Maud Montgomery L. M. Montgomery
- 12mo - over 6¾ - 7¾" tall
Terms of Sale
CARDINAL BOOKS ~~ ABAC/ILAB
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged. We accept VISA, MasterCard and American Express, PayPal, cash, cheque and money order. Other credit cards may also be used through the www.biblio.com site. Prices in other currencies available upon request. Canadian residents must add 5% GST. Certain large or heavy books may require additional shipping charges. Other overseas and special shipping methods (upon request) at cost. Returns accepted within 10 days upon notification and a reason given.
About the Seller
About CARDINAL BOOKS ~~ ABAC/ILAB
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [More]
- A duodecimo is a book approximately 7 by 4.5 inches in size, or similar in size to a contemporary mass market paperback. Also... [More]
- shelf wear
- Shelf wear (shelfwear) describes damage caused over time to a book by placing and removing a book from a shelf. This damage is... [More]
- Very generally, "leaves" refers to the pages of a book, as in the common phrase, "loose-leaf pages." A leaf is a single sheet... [More]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]