Anne of Green Gables
by L.M. Montgomery
- Good Minus/No Jacket
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
Bibliophiles Club Membership
Standard delivery: 7 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Anne of Green Gables is the first novel by Canadian author Lucy Maud Montgomery. The story tells of the adventures of Anne Shirley, an 11-year-old orphan girl who is mistakenly sent to Matthew and Marilla Cuthbert, a middle-aged brother and sister who had intended to adopt a boy to help them on their farm in Prince Edward Island. Like many of her contemporaries, Montgomery did not consider submitting her first novel to a Canadian publisher, convinced that a more lucrative deal could be made with an American firm. The novel was completed in 1905, but was rejected by four major American publishing houses, and it was not until 1907 that Montgomery found a publisher. L.C. Page & Co. finally published Anne of Green Gables in 1908. Anne of Green Gables has sold more than 50 million copies and has been translated into more than 30 languages. Following the success of her first novel, Montgomery went on to write seven more books about Anne, following the beloved protagonist through adulthood and motherhood. Several novels in the series have been adapted and made into a successful television miniseries. Montgomery museums, plays, and houses on Prince Edward Island draw international visitors.
Read More: Identifying first editions of Anne of Green Gables
For juveniles? Realy? I am 58 and always liked it. And tears drop on my cheeks every time.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Dave Shoots, Bookseller (CA)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Anne of Green Gables
- L.M. Montgomery
- M.A. and W.A.J. Claus
- Book Condition
- Used - Good Minus
- Jacket Condition
- No Jacket
- Grosset and Dunlap
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- 8vo - over 7¾ - 9¾
- NOISBN. Prince Edward Island. Canadian Literature. Children.
Terms of Sale
Dave Shoots, Bookseller
In case of returns, seller will refund purchase price and initial shipping cost provided merchandise is returned in good condition within 14 days of sale. Payment methods accepted: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, PayPal (to email@example.com), cash, cheque or money order. 20% discount to the trade. Books will be shipped as customer prefers upon receipt of purchase price and shipping costs. PLEASE LET US KNOW WHEN YOU RECEIVE YOUR BOOK. THANKS!
About the Seller
Dave Shoots, Bookseller
About Dave Shoots, Bookseller
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Any printing of a book which follows the original edition. By definition, a reprint is not a first edition.
- In reference to a hinge or a book's binding, means that the glue which holds the opposing leaves has allowed them to separate,...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...
- The portion of the book closest to the spine that allows the book to be opened and closed.