Anne of Green Gables
by Montgomery, L.M
- very good
- very good
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Bibliophiles Club Membership
Standard delivery: 6 to 12 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Anne of Green Gables is the first novel by Canadian author Lucy Maud Montgomery. The story tells of the adventures of Anne Shirley, an 11-year-old orphan girl who is mistakenly sent to Matthew and Marilla Cuthbert, a middle-aged brother and sister who had intended to adopt a boy to help them on their farm in Prince Edward Island. Like many of her contemporaries, Montgomery did not consider submitting her first novel to a Canadian publisher, convinced that a more lucrative deal could be made with an American firm. The novel was completed in 1905, but was rejected by four major American publishing houses, and it was not until 1907 that Montgomery found a publisher. L.C. Page & Co. finally published Anne of Green Gables in 1908. Anne of Green Gables has sold more than 50 million copies and has been translated into more than 30 languages. Following the success of her first novel, Montgomery went on to write seven more books about Anne, following the beloved protagonist through adulthood and motherhood. Several novels in the series have been adapted and made into a successful television miniseries. Montgomery museums, plays, and houses on Prince Edward Island draw international visitors.
Read More: Identifying first editions of Anne of Green Gables
For juveniles? Realy? I am 58 and always liked it. And tears drop on my cheeks every time.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Aquila Books (CA)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Anne of Green Gables
- Montgomery, L.M
- Book Condition
- Used - very good
- Quantity Available
- George Harrap & Co. Ltd.
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- Anne of Green Gables|L.M. Montgomery|Childrens Book
Terms of Sale
30 day return guarantee, with refund if an item arrives misdescribed.
About the Seller
About Aquila Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing...
- The heel of the spine.
- The book is pristine and free of any defects, in the same condition as ...
- Any printing of a book which follows the original edition. By definition, a reprint is not a first edition.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...