by Kincaid, Jamaica
- Fine in a very near fine dust jacket (but with the almost ubiquitous faint spine fading on the dj.)/very near fine
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
Ione, California, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Annie John, a novel written by Jamaica Kincaid in 1985, details the growth of a girl in Antigua, an island in the Caribbean. It covers issues as diverse as mother-daughter relationships, lesbianism, racism, clinical depression, education, and the struggle between medicine based on "scientific fact" and that based on "native superstitious know-how".
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Bookfever.com, IOBA (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- ANNIE JOHN
- Kincaid, Jamaica
- SIGNED hardcover first edition -
- Book Condition
- Used - Fine in a very near fine dust jacket (but with the almost ubiquitous faint spine fading on the dj.)
- Jacket Condition
- very near fine
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Farrar Straus Giroux,
- Place of Publication
- New York:
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- African American Literature;
Terms of Sale
Free media mail shipping in US included; priority is $7.50 and international at cost. Books are packed carefully, shipped promptly with delivery confirmation and insurance at our expense. It is important for our customers to be totally satisfied with their purchase and guarantee all of our books to be as described. Want lists welcomed.
About the Seller
About Bookfever.com, IOBA
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...
- Title Page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...