Another Image: Papua New Guinea
by Bailey, David
- See description
Hay on Wye, Herefordshire, United Kingdom
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
"The Highlands of New Guinea escaped the Victorian explorers which left this country with a last frontier... To take my camera and record an image that, that other corrupter of innocence, tourisme, has not yet destroyed. To just see people that have not been seen to death. To feel, no matter how small, a little of what the Burtons felt in abundance...
Maybe one day in the distant future a child might come across this book in a pile of second-hand junk, and ask, "Did people dress like that when there were still tigers in the world?" and he might add "how lucky they were in the 20th century to have had such wonders"."
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Paul Haynes Rare Books (GB)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Another Image: Papua New Guinea
- Bailey, David
- Book Condition
- Quantity Available
- Mathews Miller Dunbar/Bailey Co-Production
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- 0.00 lbs
- Photography, Anthropology, Oceania
- Bookseller catalogs
- Travel and Exploration; Art; Australasia;
Terms of Sale
Paul Haynes Rare Books
We hope to describe items accurately, and any purchase may be returned if it does not correspond with the description, on condition that postal arrangements for return are confirmed as soon as possible with us in advance of return.
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged, when reported promptly upon receipt. All items are fully insured during transit, a signature may be required on delivery. Heavier items and multi volume sets may incur a commensurate increase in the postage cost.
Regrettably, customers may find that there may be delays in delivery due to the current situation. We regret that we cannot be responsible for taxes or duties imposed in the customer's country.
About the Seller
About Paul Haynes Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The term quarto is used to describe a page or book size. A printed sheet is made with four pages of text on each side, and the...
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects, "new"...
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...
- Damage done to a book cover or dust jacket caused by exposure to direct sunlight. Very strong fluorescent light can cause slight...
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....