Archaeology of Alkali Ridge, Southeastern Utah: with a Review of the Prehistory of the Mesa Verde Division of the San Juan and Some Observations on Archaeological Systematics
by Brew, John Otis
Moab, Utah, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Cambridge, Massachusetts: Peabody Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology, Harvard University. Good. 1946. First Edition. Softcover. Papers of the Peabody Museum of American Archaeology and Ethnology, Harvard University, Vol. XXI. Paginated: xv, -345, ,  illustrations,  blank. Tan wrappers have moderate wear to corners and along spine, and moderate soiling. Text block is clean. Overall good condition. The plate section contains two full color plates of artifacts with many more in black and white. Close to home for us, this archaeological report covers the extensive investigations conducted by archaeologist John Otis Brew of Alkali Ridge in San Juan County, Utah. We rarely come across this report. ; B&W Illustrations; Small 4to 9" - 11" tall; 345 pp .
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Back of Beyond Books (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Archaeology of Alkali Ridge, Southeastern Utah: with a Review of the Prehistory of the Mesa Verde Division of the San Juan and Some Observations on Archaeological Systematics
- Brew, John Otis
- Book Condition
- Used - Good
- First Edition
- Peabody Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology, Harvard University
- Place of Publication
- Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Date Published
- Archaeology, Archaeological Report, Utah, Alkali Ridge, Peabody Museum, John Otis Brew
Terms of Sale
Back of Beyond Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio member since 2022
Ask Seller a Question
About Back of Beyond Books
Located in the heart of the desert southwest Back of Beyond Books is an indie bookstore in Moab, Utah. The name of the store was drawn from one of Edward Abbey's most well-known fiction titles, The Monkey Wrench Gang. We specialize in natural history, environmental literature, southwestern guidebooks & maps, Native American books, and Western history. But we also carry a wild assortment of fiction, science, philosophy, current affairs, rare books, and generally other cool stuff.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...
- The paper covering on the outside of a paperback. Also see the entry for pictorial wraps, color illustrated coverings for...
- Full page illustration or photograph. Plates are printed separately from the text of the book, and bound in at production. I.e.,...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- Text Block
- Most simply the inside pages of a book. More precisely, the block of paper formed by the cut and stacked pages of a book....