Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London, Longman, Hurst, Reesa, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1825.. SECOND ENGLISH EDITION 1825, 12mo, approximately 160 x 95 mm, 6½ x 3¾ inches, pages: xv, (1), 380 including index, bound in half speckled calf over marbled boards, gilt rules to spine, gilt lettered red morocco label. Marbled boards slightly rubbed and slightly marked, tiny corner missing from front endpaper, 3 fore-edge margins slightly dusty, 3 or 4 very small pale stains, otherwise a very good clean tight copy. First published in French in Paris in 1814, first published in English in 1824. Recipes throughout with a section on wines page 327-336. Cagle, A Matter of Taste, page 389, Nos 559 and 560 (first and third English editions); Bitting, Bibliotheca Gastronomica, page 31; Oxford, English Cookery Books, page 155. MORE IMAGES ATTACHED TO THIS LISTING, ALL ZOOMABLE, FURTHER IMAGES ON REQUEST. POSTAGE AT COST.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Roger Middleton (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- THE ART OF FRENCH COOKERY.
- BEAUVILLIERS, A. B.:
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- second edition
- Place of Publication
- London, Longman, Hurst, Reesa, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1825.
- FOOD GASTRONOMY COOKING COOKERY FRANCE FRENCH RECIPES WINES
Terms of Sale
We have been established booksellers for 42 years. We are a postal business only (strictly no callers). We are long-standing members of the P.B.F.A. the largest trade association for antiquarian booksellers in the UK. We wrap all our parcels in new materials and all our books are insured at our expense. Books may be returned if wrongly described, all costs will be met by us. ****PLEASE NOTE: POSTAGE WILL BE CHARGED AT COST, MEANING THAT POSTAGE WILL BE REDUCED ON PARCELS WEIGHING UNDER 1 KILO, AND IT WILL BE INCREASED ON MOST PARCELS WEIGHING MORE THAN 1 KILO****
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2010
Ask Seller a Question
About Roger Middleton
We are a postal business only, selling rare and antiquarian books on interesting subjects.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also...[more]
- Marbled boards
- Calf or calf hide is a common form of leather binding. Calf binding is naturally a light brown but there are ways to treat...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- A duodecimo is a book approximately 7 by 4.5 inches in size, or similar in size to a contemporary mass market paperback....[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]