Art and Lies.
by WINTERSON, Jeanette
- as new
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: Alfred A. Knopf, 1995. Signed on the title page by the author. First U. S. edition / First printing. Black cloth spine, gold paper-covered boards. Very fine in very fine dust jacket.
A novelist whose honours include England’s Whitbread Prize, and the American Academy’s E. M. Forster Award, as well as the Prix d’argent at the Cannes Film Festival, Jeanette Winterson burst onto the literary scene as a very young woman in 1985 with Oranges Are Not the Only Fruit . Her subsequent novels, including Sexing the Cherry , The Passion , Written on the Body , and The PowerBook , have also gone on to receive great international acclaim. Her latest novel is Lighthousekeeping , heralded as "a brilliant, glittering, piece of work" ( The Independent ). She lives in London and the Cotswolds. From the Hardcover edition.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Orpheus Books (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Art and Lies.
- WINTERSON, Jeanette
- Black cloth spine, gold paper-covered boards.
- Book condition
- New As New
- Jacket condition
- First U. S. edition / First printing.
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Alfred A. Knopf,
- Place of Publication
- New York:
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
When we state First Edition we always mean a First Printing. If you have questions about a listing, please email, or telephone between the hours of 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. Pacific Time. Credit cards are accepted through Biblio or PayPal. International orders must be paid in U.S. currency and will be shipped at different rates. We ship via the U.S. postal service, FedEx and UPS unless other arrangements are made. If you select surface mail, it will be shipped via media rate. Oversize and heavy shipments will accrue additional charges. Returns may be made within 7 days of receipt and must be insured at full value and received in the same condition as when sent. Prior notice of return is appreciated.
About the Seller
About Orpheus Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the... [More]