ART LIFE AND THEORIES OF RICHARD WAGNER With a Preface, a Catalogue of Wagner's Published Works, and Drawings of the Bayreuth Opera House
by Wagner, Richard - Selected and translated by Edward L. Burlingame
- See description
CROTON-ON-HUDSON, New York
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: Henry Holt and Company, 1889. Second Revised Edition. Hardcover. Book condition is Good+, bound in full cloth with embossed gilt title and decoration on spine and front cover. Edgewear to boards, including bumps and rubbing. Boards slightly bumped. Rubbing and light staining to boards. Hinge started in rear. Small tear to front pastedown. Previous owner name and note to second front end page. Text is clean and unmarked. Frontispiece of Bayreuth Opera House. ; 8vo 8" - 9" tall.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Evolving Lens Bookseller (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- ART LIFE AND THEORIES OF RICHARD WAGNER With a Preface, a Catalogue of Wagner's Published Works, and Drawings of the Bayreuth Opera House
- Wagner, Richard - Selected and translated by Edward L. Burlingame
- Book condition
- Second Revised Edition
- Henry Holt and Company
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
Evolving Lens Bookseller
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2017
CROTON-ON-HUDSON, New York
Ask Seller a Question
About Evolving Lens Bookseller
We behind the scenes and running Evolving Lens Bookseller have been involved and otherwise employed in the used, rare and collectible book market for a decade, in both brick-and-mortar settings and online. Long before that, we were all readers, collectors and book enthusiasts. We know books, feel privileged to be a part of the collectible book market, and are passionate about the value of the content of the books themselves. Our inventory focuses on the fine & domestic arts, artist monographs and uncommon catalogs, university press publications, biographies, philosophy, theoretical psychology, sets, peculiar and uncommon fiction, signed books and modern first editions; however, we will always provide a range of quality content to choose from. Thank you for taking a look at our shop. Buy with confidence.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Indicates that the affected part of the book has been impacted in such a way so as to cause a flattening, indention, or light... [More]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- The portion of the book closest to the spine that allows the book to be opened and closed.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]