Atlas of New York and Vicinity
by Beers, F.W
- Very good condition
Garrison, New York
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: F. W. Beers, A. D. Ellis, & G. G. Soule, 1867. Hardcover. Very good condition. A variant of Beers atlas of New York, with maps of Dutchess & Westchester County. Folio, 37 maps, many folding. A nice clean copy with a green leather spine. Folding maps on onion skin paper, in very good condition. The New York general map and the Fishkill map are loose. A very tight and clean copy. Maps include New York & Vicinity; New York & Brooklyn; West Farms (Brooklyn), West Chester, Morrisania; Town of Yonkers; City of Yonkers; Eastchester, Pelham & New Rochelle; Greenburgh; Plan of Beekmanrtown, Tarrytown & Irving; Mamroneck, Scarsdale, White Plains, Rye & Harrison; Mamroneck & Rye Neck; White Plains; Portchester; Mt. Pleasant & villages; Town of North Castle, Kensico, Armonk; Ossining; Sing Sing; Newcastle; Mt. Kisco, Bedford Whitlockville & Katonah; Bedford; Pound Ridge; Lewisboro incl. South Salem; Cortlandt; Peekskill; Verplanck, Cruger's Croton Landing; Yorktown, Shrub Oak & Jefferson Valley; Somers; North Salem, Croton Falls, Purdy's Station, North Salem, Salem Center; Philipstown Putnam Valley; Cold Spring & Nelsonville; Carmel (insets of Towners Station, Southeast Center & Millton); Town of South-East; Brewsters Station & Patterson; Plan of the Town of Patterson; Kent. Also 6pp of lithographic illustrations of homes & farms. Original medium brown blind stamped cloth boards, with gilt title at front cover, beautifully respined with green morocco. Gilt bright, corners a little bumped.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Antipodean Books, Maps & Prints (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Atlas of New York and Vicinity
- Beers, F.W
- Book condition
- Used - Very good condition
- Quantity available
- F. W. Beers, A. D. Ellis, & G. G. Soule
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- MAPS; NEW YORK CITY;
Terms of Sale
Antipodean Books, Maps & Prints
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 10 days after delivery if an item arrives mis-described or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2009
Garrison, New York
Ask Seller a Question
About Antipodean Books, Maps & Prints
Booksellers for over 40 years, members of prominent trade associations (ABAA, ILAB, ANZAAB, IMCOS, ANZMS, PBFA). We are located at Garrison NY, a stone's throw from the Metro North Hudson line train, just over 1 hr. from NYC on the banks of the Hudson River. Books, maps, prints & ephemera bought & sold.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also... [More]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- Good describes the average used and worn book that has all pages or leaves present. Any defects must be noted. (as defined by AB... [More]
- A folio usually indicates a large book size of 15" in height or larger when used in the context of a book description. Further,... [More]