by Rand, Ayn
- Fine/Near Fine
Portland, Oregon, United States
Bibliophiles Club Membership
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Ayn Rand in her most controversial book yet, depicts a dystopian United State. A world of private businesses that are increasingly penalized and weighted through laws and regulations, stepping over the people who carry out that labor. As a mysterious figure, John Gault appears on the scene; the country’s top banker, an oil producer, a professor, a composer, and a distinguished judge disappear without a trace, abandoning their professions and loved ones. In turn a revolution begins, creating a new society based on the ‘philosophy of selfishness’ in efforts to be dismissed from the exploitation of those with authority and power. Atlas Shrugged “is a mystery story, not about the murder of a man’s body, but about the murder — and rebirth — of man’s spirit.” -Ayn Rand
Read More: Identifying first editions of Atlas Shrugged
Atlas Shrugged is perhaps the greatest, most revealing novel ever written. It is larger than life, and a truly philosophical, dramatic, exalting, and suspenseful read.
A life changimg read.
If you liked The Fountainhead but thought the philosophy took a back seat to character development and plot, Atlas Shrugged is great - not concerning itself with such outmoded details like characters who might exist and avoiding exposition, Atlas Shrugged is the most pedantic, two-dimensional book ever. Huzzah.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Burnside Rare Books, ABAA (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Atlas Shrugged
- Rand, Ayn
- Book Condition
- Used - Fine
- Jacket Condition
- Near Fine
- Quantity Available
- Tenth Anniversary Edition
- Random House
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
Burnside Rare Books, ABAA
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Burnside Rare Books, ABAA
About Burnside Rare Books, ABAA
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The portion of the book closest to the spine that allows the book to be opened and closed.
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...
- Title Page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...
- Damage done to a book cover or dust jacket caused by exposure to direct sunlight. Very strong fluorescent light can cause slight...
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...
- Shelf Wear
- Shelf wear (shelfwear) describes damage caused over time to a book by placing and removing a book from a shelf. This damage is...
Frequently asked questions
Save 10% on every purchase!Join the Bibliophiles’ Club and start saving 10% on every book.
$29.95 / Year