The Awakening [The Resurrection]
by Tolstoi, Count Leo (1828-1910)
- very good
- Very Good
Nelson, British Columbia, Canada
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: Street & Smith, 1900. First American Edition, First Printing. Hardcover. Very Good. Pasternak, Leonid (1862-1945) father of Boris Pasternak. Grey cloth over boards, title and author image stamped in gilt and maroon onto upper board, title stamped in gilt onto spine, 8vo (7-7/16 inches tall), pp. 317, all edges trimmed, top edge gilt, author portrait frontis, title page printed in black and red, 4 illustrations [5 inc. frontis]. Volume with cover illustration lightly rubbed, wear to spine ends, spine tilt, small 1/2" piece missing at bottom of one leaf. Page 15 has a few lines taken from a letter written in French - pertaining to the story - neatly translated into English underneath. First published in Russia in 1899 and later translated by William E. Smith, this was the last novel written by Tolstoy.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Harropian Books, IOBA (CA)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- The Awakening [The Resurrection]
- Tolstoi, Count Leo (1828-1910)
- Pasternak, Leonid (1862-1945) father of Boris Pasternak
- Book Condition
- Used - Very Good
- Quantity Available
- First American Edition, First Printing
- Street & Smith
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- Modern First Editions;
Terms of Sale
Harropian Books, IOBA
- Items are subject to prior sale.
- Canadian sales are subject to 5% GST.
- Items may be returned within 30 days. Please contact us first.
- Institutions and individuals known to us will be billed according to their needs.
- Traditional courtesy to the trade.
About the Seller
Biblio member since 2006
Nelson, British Columbia
Ask Seller a Question
About Harropian Books, IOBA
Harropian Books is an online bookseller offering a diverse selection of antiquarian, collectible, rare and out of print items. Our focus is on the interesting & unusual, covering all fields. ***** We are a member of the IOBA (Independent Online Booksellers Association) and have attended the Colorado Antiquarian Book Seminar (2011), Rare Book School in Virginia (2014 - Developing Collections ; 2016 - The History of Printed Book Illustration in the West), London Rare Book School (2021 - The History of Maps and Mapping) and Gwain Weaver Art Conservation (2019 - Care and Identification of Photographs).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- Title Page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...
- Top Edge Gilt
- Top edge gilt refers to the practice of applying gold or a gold-like finish to the top of the text block (the edges the pages...