Before Kampuchea: Preludes to Tragedy
by Osborne, Milton
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
ABOUT THIS BOOK:
The year that Milton Osborne judges to have been a turning point in Cambodia's modern history was 1966, a year he spent working in Phnom Penh and traveling widely in the countryside. He recounts many telling--and moving--personal experiences during this time; the corruption and political maneuvering within capital, visits to the provinces, and, above all, friendships with Cambodians who were to make their own direct contributions to the years ahead. Before Kampuchea provides both a knowledgeable, personal record of people and places in a rapidly changing society, and a penetrating analysis of the factors that were soon to plunge a country into chaos and disaster.(Publisher).
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Underground Books (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Before Kampuchea: Preludes to Tragedy
- Osborne, Milton
- Book condition
- Used - Good +
- Jacket condition
- Good +
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- George Allen & Unwin
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
About Underground Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [More]
- text block
- Most simply the inside pages of a book. More precisely, the block of paper formed by the cut and stacked pages of a book.... [More]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]