Bernstein's Reverse Dictionary
by BERNSTEIN, Theodore; WAGNER, Jane (collaborator)
- Near Fine with no dust jacket
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: Quadrangle/New York Times Book Co.. Near Fine with no dust jacket. 1976. Hardcover. Stated Fourth printing, 1976 on copyright page. In full blue cloth-covered boards with decorations and titling in gilt on cover and spine. Interior clean, bright and unmarked. Lacks a dust jacket. --- Author's unusual book is ideal for those who can't quite recall the right word in the right situation, e.g.: 'what's that term for clear, transparent, etc.?' Answer: limpid. ; tall 8vo 9" - 10" tall; 276 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Bernstein's Reverse Dictionary
- BERNSTEIN, Theodore; WAGNER, Jane (collaborator)
- Book condition
- Used - Near Fine with no dust jacket
- Quadrangle/New York Times Book Co.
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- >>Books About Books and Words;
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [More]
- Copyright page
- The page in a book that describes the lineage of that book, typically including the book's author, publisher, date of... [More]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]