Better Homes & Gardens New Cook Book: Every recipe triple-tested by our Tasting-Test Kitchens staff
- Fine/No dust jacket
GAHANNA, Ohio, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Meredith Publishing Company, 1953. Binder Condition: Fine. No Jacket as Issued. Five (5) Ring Binder. Stated First Edition, fifth printing. 416 pp +four bonus pages of recipes clipped from the Better Homes & Gardens magazine with dates of March 1949; January, 1950; November, 1956; and February, 1957. Small tear on page 59 caused by a paperclip that was removed. Text is lightly tanned typical of age and edges are lightly sunned. No written notations within although a few recipes are marked with a small checkmark. 20 numbered pink card stock chapter index tabs including an index. Loose-leaf binder with 5 metal rings in excellent like new condition; all pages are original and are clean and complete. Card stock binder protector after index. This edition has illustrated front and back endpapers, with pink temperature and measurement charts and a full color photograph of a blue and white rolling pin and several pies, which is continued onto the title page. This is a classic, rare copy in Fine condition. Beautiful photographs throughout. Scarce in this condition. Due to size and weight of this volume, additional shipping will apply.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Select Tomes (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Better Homes & Gardens New Cook Book
- Red and white checkered cloth over boards with blue title on front cover and spine. Hinges tight. Corners crisp.
- Book Condition
- Used - Fine
- Jacket Condition
- No dust jacket
- Quantity Available
- First edition, fifth printing
- Meredith Publishing Co.
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- 8 1/4 X 10 1/4
Terms of Sale
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio member since 2020
Ask Seller a Question
About Select Tomes
I am making available selections from my collection of eclectic, historical and sometimes rare books. My collection includes historical novels, cookbooks, textbooks and children's books along with other ephemera.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...
- Title Page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...
- Damage done to a book cover or dust jacket caused by exposure to direct sunlight. Very strong fluorescent light can cause slight...
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects, "new"...