A Bibliography of James Russell Lowell Compiled by George Willis Cooke; 1907 Limited Edition #484 out of 550
by Cooke, George Willis
- near fine
- Near Fine/none
Standard Delivery: 7 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Philip Greely Brown (1855-1934) was an avid book collector and amature historian and albeit, publisher. He helped collect and published his brother's memoirs on the settlement of the West. His brother, Clifford Brown served under a variety of leaders, some quite famous. This is a bibliography of all of James Russell Lowell' works up to 1906. Mr. Brown would have used this text to put together a definitive collection of Russell's works. His entire collection was partilly donated and the rest sold at auction in 1935. The book is in excellent condition with no dust cover and some sunning to the spine. It is interior lightly toned and tight binding. The title is: A Bibliography of James Russell Lowell. Compiled by George Willis Cooke. Boston and New York. Houghton Mifflin and Company MDCCCCVI (1906). This copy is number 484 out of 530 copies printed and bound. A first and only edition. A very nice signed bookplate of Philip Greely Brown. He was a graduate of Bowdoin College (Maine)
Title: A bibliography of James Russell Lowell / Author(s): Cooke, George Willis, 1848-1923. Publication: Boston : Houghton Mifflin, Year: 1906 Description:xi p., 208 leaves,  leaf of plates : port. ; 23 cm. Language: English Standard No: LCCN: 06-39795
SUBJECT(S) Named Person: Lowell, James Russell, 1819-1891 -- Bibliography.
Note(s): Designed by Bruce Rogers./ "Five hundred and thirty copies printed"--T.p. verso.
Class Descriptors: LC: Z8521; Dewey: 016.811
Responsibility: compiled by George Willis Cooke. Document Type: Book
Entry: 19990316 Update: 20120914 Accession No: OCLC: 1294510
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Calix Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- A Bibliography of James Russell Lowell Compiled by George Willis Cooke; 1907 Limited Edition #484 out of 550
- Cooke, George Willis
- 8 vo some sunning to spine otherwise fine
- Book condition
- Used - Near Fine
- Jacket condition
- Quantity available
- Limited Edition Copy number 484 out of 520 Copies
- Houghton Mifflin and Company
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Limited Edition, First Edition, Rare books, bibliography, poetry, literature
- Bookseller catalogs
- Art and Poetry; Books about Books;
Terms of Sale
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
About Calix Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Highly sought after by some collectors, a book plate is an inscribed or decorative device that identifies the owner, or former...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- Very generally, "leaves" refers to the pages of a book, as in the common phrase, "loose-leaf pages." A leaf is a single sheet...[more]
- The page bound on the left side of a book, opposite to the recto page.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]